Where can I find the gears?

Hi, this is my very first post and hope I didn't make a fool out of myself by posting at the wrong section *looks left and right*.

I look everywhere but I can't seem to find a place that has knights and bishops. I remember that it's near to Tallbird's nest but this time it doesn't. I need to make a refrigerator quickly because I have to explore more after this 190 days survival of practically staying in one place, but unfortunately, food spoils too quickly.

I have attached a picture of how much I have covered during these 190 days too, maybe someone who has explored a lot can help guide me of where to go.

Thanks and I apologize for my very blunt and seemingly rude and monotonic English.

post-427506-0-33710200-1405592974_thumb.

Gears are a drop from mechanical monsters that live in a rare biome. If you want to throughly spoil the game to obtain this information you can check the wiki for complete informations.

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Gears

The rare biome is guaranteed to be present in any world, but it's most likely unique in any given world and you will have to explore a lot to find it: i played several games and i only found it once in a game where i eventually died. In my current best game (shorter than yours) i still have to find that biome.
There's also a smallish chance to get gears from graves but it requires luck and i wouldn't count on it if you need more than one or two.
Other unreliable ways to find gears might include set pieces scattered randomly in the world (not sure how many, but i'm sure there's at least one set piece featuring an ice box that can be broken down to get a gear) and peraphs some ways in ruins (deep underground) but i've never been there so no clue, but if you really want to know you can dig some info in the wiki which is more exhaustive.

I love tumbleweeds...not as much as Chester of course...whoops, slight tangent here. 

Yeah, there is only one "Chess" or "Maxwell's" Biome that has the Wooden Thing where you attach other Things. If you have the Reign of Giants add-on, the Chess monsters actually are increased in the world and their Biomes (without another Wooden Thing of course,) and it seems likely you don't have that add-on based on what you posted.

(It's a game-changing addition which adds the Wetness rains of Spring and the fire-causing-Overheating days of Summer along with many many other things.)  

No matter what, keep searching and you'll find it. 

Thank you everyone for your answer.

To the truthseeker, yes, I don't have the add on yet but will soon when my allowance comes out.

Additional question: will my game save will be lost if I put the add-on? My friend experienced this when she used it.

Thank you everyone for your answer.

To the truthseeker, yes, I don't have the add on yet but will soon when my allowance comes out.

Additional question: will my game save will be lost if I put the add-on? My friend experienced this when she used it.

You shouldn't lose your save file, maybe it was a but on her end......your save should be fine, but it won't have the ROG content on it.

As a matter of fact, RoG adds an ADDITIONAL save slot.

Which may be necessary, since the only way to experience it is to start a new game making sure the RoG box is checked. You can still play your old games, but there's no way it will incorporate anything but the "vanilla" game.   

So take risks, because soon you will need to play new games :)

I'll have a few days delayed first because I died in the Ruins and all my light stuffs are there. *feels frustrated*

I'll have a few days delayed first because I died in the Ruins and all my light stuffs are there. *feels frustrated*

Your exploring the caves before you have most of the overworld explored? Dang! I guess that's one way to do it. But while your down there, you should of came across a small camping set piece. Just hammer down the ice box and you got yourself some gears. 

I explore more during these 10 days but finds only dead ends (the sea, etc.). There are also 3 cave holes near where I am. So I do it out of plain boredomness+curiosity

Let me do my meat effigy again, store lots of food and go down to take my stuff back one by one. I'm lucky that the Ruins entrance is near to the surface, so I'm not that *BEEP* up yet.

So far I haven't found any set piece with a refrigerator :( .

Archived