Wilson's Arms

Hey,I saw more people on the internet talking about it,and even I wonder:In-game,in the splash art,Wilson's arms are black.In-game,in the actual gameplay more people theorize about him wearing fingerless gloves,or another piece of clothing,but when you look at the "Forbidden Knowledge" trailer on the official site,you see that his arms are normal,until Maxwell speaks with him and shows him how to build Maxwell's door.While he's building it,his arms are BLACK.And so I have this question:Is Wilson's arm color because of the game's art style or is it Maxwell's work at hand(get it,get it?"at hand"!no?no?...ok...)?What do you think?

Uh, that's just the artstyle. Most characters look different in-game than depicted in artwork or animations. For example that art work of Maxwell on the left of this site and his in-game playable character look noticeably different (ex. shorter in-game, rounder chin, shorter sleeves). It's just how the characters are made to look consistent.

Its really up for personal interpretation, although I think someone at klei made a statement on what it really is? Not sure on that.

I personally like to think he wearing black rubber gloves

tumblr_n8kdk2RXsv1r5z40vo1_400.png

It fits his wannabee mad scientist motif

Its really up for personal interpretation, although I think someone at klei made a statement on what it really is? Not sure on that.

I personally like to think he wearing black rubber gloves

tumblr_n8kdk2RXsv1r5z40vo1_400.png

It fits his wannabee mad scientist motif

Thanks for your opinion!Nice drawing-saw your topic where you posted some :)

Uh, that's just the artstyle. Most characters look different in-game than depicted in artwork or animations. For example that art work of Maxwell on the left of this site and his in-game playable character look noticeably different (ex. shorter in-game, rounder chin, shorter sleeves). It's just how the characters are made to look consistent.

Well,thanks!Now I notice Wilson's arm colour on the right of the site,silly me.

This comes down to the choice of the artist who drew Wilson during the cinematic trailers.

In said trailers most of the background is white, so it would help if Wilson was not only outlined, but also that his body were black to determine exactly where his hands are at any given time. With the sketchy art style of Don't Starve, things could've gotten messy and jumbled if his arms were white on white, or his arms were dark on dark. So they made it DARK ARMS on a white background for easy differentiation.

As for in-canon reasons to why that may be, im going to agree with @Maximum124

I just figured he was a weirdo who wore a black long-sleeved shirt under his dress shirt. 

Alternatively, he just has rolled up sleeves and the arms are shown as black so that his poses read correctly in the cinematic. The model sheet for said cinematic doesn't always fill them in so I guess it's interpretation. 

Archived