Tweaks to the Mining Helmet.

Feedback regarding suggestions of tweaks to the "Mining Helmet" item ingame.

Basically i want to say that i haven't found any posts similar to this, so if there is indeed some, excuse me.

To start things off i think it's unarguably a very awesome looking item. But it kind of feels a little dissapointing that it can't be worn without automagically draining it's power. Of course i know realisticly speaking you can't turn off fireflies but i don't think this is a valid argument since there is plenty of elements to the game that are unrealistic (meant positively of course). So the first suggestion is basically to be able to turn off the helmet so that you can chose carefully when you want to use it but you will allways be able to wear it.

Following up on the list of suggestions i think it's draining way too much firefly power compared to what it costs. Maybe this is tweaked well to be a balanced cost benefit, however you wont have that feeling of wearing a good ol' helmet if you have to craft a new helmet all the time. It just feels off that the helmet decays like that, so maybe you could just recharge it with fireflies just as quickly.

-Benjamin

Stupid of me to post much of this, since mypost got almost entirely countered by the naughty & nice patch > : ( This is a good thing of cause (my wishes came sort of true). But i didn't want it to sound like i didn't like a challenge, i simply wanted to be able to wear the stylish hat at all times without having to swap it, since it removes the mah ol' hat feeling you get when having your very own miner helmet. It's just me of course, that is probably why the thread is not the best suggestion since it mostly applies to those who get emotionally attached to their ingame hats. :D

-Good day to you sirs, Benjamin

Stupid of me to post much of this, since mypost got almost entirely countered by the naughty & nice patch > : ( This is a good thing of cause (my wishes came sort of true). But i didn't want it to sound like i didn't like a challenge, i simply wanted to be able to wear the stylish hat at all times without having to swap it, since it removes the mah ol' hat feeling you get when having your very own miner helmet. It's just me of course, that is probably why the thread is not the best suggestion since it mostly applies to those who get emotionally attached to their ingame hats. :D

-Good day to you sirs, Benjamin

Posting a thread isn't stupid, your thread isn't stupid as well. Keep posting your ideas the only thing you have to follow is to avoid double post by searching if there's still a thread about your idea.

I've an idea how you keep your mining helmet on for style bonus, but doesn't make it to strong. The mining helmet loses 1% every few seconds (as usual), but rather than breaking the light extinguishes. So you can still wear you mining helmet without lightsource. You also can reactivate the light by putting new fireflies in it.

Posting a thread isn't stupid, your thread isn't stupid as well. Keep posting your ideas the only thing you have to follow is to avoid double post by searching if there's still a thread about your idea.

I've an idea how you keep your mining helmet on for style bonus, but doesn't make it to strong. The mining helmet loses 1% every few seconds (as usual), but rather than breaking the light extinguishes. So you can still wear you mining helmet without lightsource. You also can reactivate the light by putting new fireflies in it.

+1

Really like this idea.

Agreed. While not as stylish as the feather hat, I think it's a shame that you cannot choose the wear the miner's helmet just for the sake of fashion. As such, I'll repeat my suggested solution that I posted on another thread.

Here is the process:

1) Allow bee hives/boxes to produce a new resource, Beeswax.

2) Add new crafting item: String (refined Silk, just like how grass is refined into rope)

3) Add new crafting item: Candle (Beeswax + String)

4) Replace "Fireflies" in the Miner's Helmet with "Candle"

Now just wearing the Miner's Helmet has no effect, it stays at 100% durability and creates no light. However if you pick-up Flint and use it on the Miner's Helmet while it's equipped in the Head slot it becomes lit (% decreases over time). To extinguish the flame you simply unequip the Miner's Helmet.

Also whether using the Flint on the Miner's Helmet uses up the Flint is debatable. Either way Flint is fairly common and Miner's Helmets not so much.

This idea WAS in my original response but since apparently i'm double posting i can't complain. But yes a turn on and off function in any design would be great in my opinion. :)

Guest Dandytard
1) Allow bee hives/boxes to produce a new resource, Beeswax.

I think you should mind your own Beeswax, Mobius. ;)

This idea WAS in my original response but since apparently i'm double posting i can't complain. But yes a turn on and off function in any design would be great in my opinion. :)

Sorry I missunderstood your suggestion. I thought you meant sth. like a switch, so you can turn it on/off on every time you want to.

The mining helmet is good enough as it is, and tbh I don't see no reason for an on/off button when it stops draining durability when you stop wearing it...

It has to do with players who want to wear the Miner's Helmet, but doing so causes its durability to lower until it's destroyed. They just want a way to prevent that.