Trapping changes are tedious and annoying

scraz

Now u have to use tools regardless if ur using traps or not. .

Right click the rabbit/bird from inventory to kill it immediately with your bare hands.

do so after each collection to continually convert each rabbit into a morsel to be added onto a stack you have running.

seems to me the game is trying to encourage the player to live in harmony with the non hostile mobs; since killing bunnies and birds would result in krampus eventually coming to get you, i've found i'm much better off just watching for birds to land and chasing them off, the seeds they drop are actually rather filling once you cooked them on a fire, and once you can get a crockpot or two up, you can safely substitute monster meat in your recipes without significant change to gains, so you can start farming spiders and hound instead of bunnies and birds, which in the total scheme of things, seems to keep the krampus away.

This. This is how I've been playing since the update. I like it, it feels closer to 'real survival' to me - having to scavenge in the wild more, wait patiently for what you've grown, and making use of the parts of the hostile animals that you have to kill in defense.

With the forums having been flooded with people saying it's too easy to find food previously, the Naughty & Nice trap updates have taken a step in the direction to make food harder to get (insta-morsels from traps made it way too easy to stockpile food).

Guess it's time for Wilson to become a vegan.

Veggie farmers, unite!

Guest Dandytard

Hahaha, Throwing a LIVE rabbit into the fire? Then you'd end up with a new mob - Hell bunny, Who'll burn all yer forests down.

Although I do believe we need a lethal trap, Something like a bear trap. post-3970-13764589593863_thumb.jpg

Guest Dandytard
lol thats just evil dandy. You just got the game for one day, and already thinking about torturing those cute little bunnies?

It was just a suggestion!