dont starve long range wepons idea

Nice ideas. I honestly always wonder why Klei didn't feel the need to make an official Bow for Don't Starve. Maybe they wanted the Spear to be the "trademark" weapon?

I know you can make a mod etc...but I'm very careful when I post in topics like this. Hence why I specifically say "official".

I think there should be long range weapons in don't starve like bows  arrows and snow slime and web balls and maybe steam punk guns I know they have a blow dart but this would be cooler  pleas repost

When Webber wasn't official I had always thought that he could spit web.

Nice ideas. I honestly always wonder why Klei didn't feel the need to make an official Bow for Don't Starve. Maybe they wanted the Spear to be the "trademark" weapon?

I think it's because they wanted to keep things unique.  Bows are rather mainstream.

I honestly don't see the point when we already have a boomerang, 3 kinds of blow darts, and like 6 staffs.

A craft-able cannon might be cool though. It would certainly give gunpowder more use.

maybe truant sort of thing

I wouldn't mind bows, slings... Maybe slings could shoot web-balls, etc.  Bows can shoot arrows, sleep arrows, fire arrows... Basically better damage blow darts...

However, I do not really want to see "Steam Punk Guns" in Don't Starve, nor do I wish to see pistols or rifles.  I think the game would lose its 'woodsy' feel.  Its 'My Side of the Mountain" feel... Or in other words, Its Charm.

Archived