Where should I move my base to?

Hi, I´m Wacoom and I´m wondering where I should move my base to?

I think my base is too far up on the map and I feel like I´m too far away from a lot of resource. And I´m wondering what would the best place for my base to be at? I´m at day 70 and playing with WX 78. Winter just ended.

post-384796-0-51391900-1401581945_thumb.

Personally I would move it near that road that comes in-between the rabbits and beefalo's homes. This way is close to food and protection from hounds.

Thank you, I will do that  :encouragement: 

Personally I would move it near that road that comes in-between the rabbits and beefalo's homes. This way is close to food and protection from hounds.

Thank you, I will do that  :encouragement: 

I usually make it by the pig king too but in this case it might be good where most of the markers are  near the bees.
However i got a question how is your world so small? did you set it like this in the world gen settings?

I usually make it by the pig king too but in this case it might be good where most of the markers are  near the bees.

However i got a question how is your world so small? did you set it like this in the world gen settings?

Unfortunaly a pig king didn´t spawn. And I have not changed the world gen settings at all. 

I ended up going with my base here: 

post-384796-0-97933100-1401627228_thumb.

But I get a lot of frog rain. There´s probably like 100 frog legs lying on the ground from the frogs fighting with the bees.

Any tips on how to deal with that?                  Here´s a picture heheh

post-384796-0-49784500-1401627500_thumb.

I wouldn't move your base if I were you, but I guess it depends on how much stuff you would have to move. You could just make a smaller base somewhere else and move things between them if necessary. ;3 I would probably place the "other base" in the Birchnut forest near the swamp, for easy access to fireflies/food and tentacles - they're your friends that kill off hounds for you. :3

I like the spot you chose for your new base as well, but I personally would have placed mine on the other side of the road, slightly to the northeast, next to the shoreline.  Then there's a natural wall that can't be broken or burned.

I've recently become a fan of frogs - I have a group of several ponds near the middle of my map and I'm setting up my base next to it.  I can't see enough detail to tell if you have anything like that though.

You can farm frogs all year except for Winter, and in Winter I go off to hunt to hunt walruses anyway.  And they're usually quicker to catch than rabbits.

But otherwise I think you chose a good spot - near a road for easy travel, a forest for fireflies and wood, and hopefully you have rabbits on the grassland to the left.  The desert just beyond that puts stone and cacti in easy reach too.

The frog issue is easy, at least for me I just build traps. I have 5 ponds right next to my base and they can be annoying. When I completed adventure mode I had to deal with frog rain. I just built traps and let them chase me right to them, they all just get trapped. You only have to then pick them out and reset the traps, this can be done quickly so even if they are chasing you its possible to get away.  Glad to see you moved your base down  :)

Archived