if (PVP) then {surviving must be harder}

Competitive PVP game time  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How short should be the average PVP game ?

• I want to kill everyone with my bare hands the first day
    • 10 days (1h20)
    • 30 days (4h)
    • 50 days (6h40)
    • 100 days (13h20)
    • I want to hide 30 hours straight and win because everyone disconnected

Assuming there will be a competitive PVP matchmaking of Don't Starve, here are a list of problems the developers are going to face and an idea for a solution.

1) The gameplay of this game was not designed to fight other players, I don't want to play spear vs spear.

2) Matchmaking games must be shorter, I don't want to start a game and play 12 hours straight just to not lose.

3) This is a survival game, to win, I have to survive, I don't want to chase and kill people but there must be a winner in a 4 players free for all.

The solution I propose is that the game must become much harder over time (more mobs faster and stronger, more night, more winter/summer until it's not even possible to survive). If a player is trying to find and kill the other players, he will waste a precious time of ressources gathering.

Killing players should also drastically reduce sanity and/or make Krampus spawn or something but stealing and destroying must be a thing.

I don't want to win because I built a spear and a log suit and I found the others players faster but I don't want to win because everyone disconnected either.

I hope we'll have fun not starving against each other soon :-)

PvP should be an option, I want to see people betraying each other and using traps and using their cleverness to kill other players,

I don't want a spears vs spears game, I want more traps or mechanisms, more science and less direct weapons.

well... I want that for SP combat too... can I have it? pretty please?

There could be a bunch of custom PvP maps with diferent focuses such as a map with limited resorces were pplayers spawn far apart on a large map in constant winter and have to survive long enough to find and kill one another or a map were teams of two start on opposite

ends of a map with barely any resorces exept for a small area in the middle of the map that is overloaded with resorces and the two teams fight over them.

PvP should be an option, I want to see people betraying each other and using traps and using their cleverness to kill other players,

I don't want a spears vs spears game, I want more traps or mechanisms, more science and less direct weapons.

exactly this

There would have to be custom maps - very small maps at that. 

I would like a map where items are either scattered or in chests around the place with useful goodies (Trap goodies like you guys are mentioning) to aid the PvP.

There would have to be custom maps - very small maps at that. 

I would like a map where items are either scattered or in chests around the place with useful goodies (Trap goodies like you guys are mentioning) to aid the PvP.

default plus?

Archived