It's Dreadful, Yet It's Home((CLOSED))

Hybridic

After a while, the man and Ayasha got back to camp. The firepit was out.

"Here we are...back home again....now...."

The man took out some small sections of wood to put on the fire when suddenly, his torch went out, plunging him, Wendy and Ayasha into darkness again.

"No!...No, not now!...."

He fumbled a bit, trying to get another light going. The hiss returned once more, even quicker than before.

"No... of all times for this to happen.... Curse you night monster... whoever you are.... argh..."

Ayasha becomes very angry very fast, Wilson hears a small scream, but not from fear, from pain.

No chomping sound has been heard (yet), so that can't be it. Wilson can't see it, but she has transformed from intense anger into a red hound.

She continues to be extremely angry, and fire starts on her back. Wilson can now see what she has become, but it's not a big fire. It's a small one. Wendy is still in the darkness.

Charlie slashed at Wendy again, knocking her off Wilson's back and leaving deep claw marks along his back. Wilson yelled out in pain and hit the ground. He struggled up onto his feet, managing to use the light from Ayasha to get out a fresh torch.

"Damnit.....thanks..."

Charlie's angered hiss rang strong again.

"...Wendy!....You won't have her! I swear!"

Wilson threw his torch where Wendy had landed. Charlie disappeared, but Wilson caught a glimpse of something terrifying as she faded out in the light of his torch. A horrific mutation. Eyes sunken in, body permanently morphed into a fusion and snake and woman, her jaw loose and uncoiled, enough to swallow a man whole. Wilson fell back in surprise. The torch landed right next to Wendy's unconscious body.

"No....no, i'm not!......This has only been the latest.....incident....in a long line of near-disasters!.....Not only is Wendy suicidal....but...Charlie....she's after me and her....specifically! Could've tried to eat anyone else, but no...always going straight for Wendy....and then me....I don't understand....why? Why is she doing this to me?!..."