Summer is hard

I just got back from the hottest place (L.A.) on earth to my town, which was 50 degrees fahrenheit, and oh boy!!!!!! NEW PATCH!!!!After 20 minutes of fiddling around my old save, everything in my base burned down. I still have no idea how to use the flingomatic...

So, I tried the new ice cube and almost went insane due to the wetness. I thought backpacks are wet proof, what the $#%#%   :mad-new: Then I tried to use chester as heat stone cooler but the heat stone hardly changed color. SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!

I just got back from the hottest place (L.A.) on earth to my town, which was 50 degrees fahrenheit, and oh boy!!!!!! NEW PATCH!!!!After 20 minutes of fiddling around my old save, everything in my base burned down. I still have no idea how to use the flingomatic...

So, I tried the new ice cube and almost went insane due to the wetness. I thought backpacks are wet proof, what the $#%#%   :mad-new: Then I tried to use chester as heat stone cooler but the heat stone hardly changed color. SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!

The krampus sack and piggyback pack are water proof. And chester got a little nerf.

As for the base, flingos work automatically to target nearby items. Just leave a few running and refuel them when they are low. Or you can use rot to stop things from smoldering like I did this last summer.

i know i just made a post of this. I'm nearly dead i hate to load up my save and go through the stress. the ice cube is almost not worth using!!!! all your stuff gets wet in seconds then your sanity drops!! and whats the only way to dry off??? a fire!!!! which raises your heat up again!!! i don't know what to do. plus I'm starving because I'm running from insanity monsters and trying to stay cool and dry, wildfires now what if dragonfly shows up? wow is all i can say

I use an Eyebrella and a Thermal stone to travel during summer.

The Eyebrella is amazing, 100% protection from rain, strong protection from overheating, and very durable.

And one use of a sewing kit, repairs its durability by 55%.

You will have to kill a Deerclops to make one though. Use a road for mobility, hit it twice and run away. Repeat for about half a day.

thermal stone in the fridge works wonders to keep cool - but I think they should change the thermal stone to not be able to chill you so much that you start freezing instead because its a little silly when you have to micromanage the stone on and off and on and off to keep between the two damage extremes.

-Stigma

Summer Frest and a couple of heatstones- one to carry, one back home in the fridge- is what i'm preferring atm. Usually dont like to lose my backpack, but the frest and the raincoat so completely mitigate the dangers of summer and spring that they've become a much more tempting option for me.

Archived