Pig Whistle/Horn

Hey guys. So I just started a few hours ago and thus far I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Loads of promise and I'm loving the art.The one thing I find myself frustrated with is Pig management. Like when I start chopping wood and they start then I need to walk to the point the pigs are almost off screen to get their attention again. And since they're kind of slow you need to stop and let them catch up. Or when they go out and try to fight stray spiders near the camp sites. Useful, but sometimes I just want them to back up cause they're going out too far into the dark and I can't hold a torch and axe at the same time.And then there's times when you lose one in the dark because he wandered off too far before you could get his attention with a torch and run into him days later.So why not make it so that we can research a tool in the form of a Pig Whistle or Horn? We can use the Gold Nuggets to make it since they have no uses at the moment. Give it a blow and the Pigs will stop what they're doing and regroup. You could make it ineffective at night so you'd still have to use a torch, but then at least during the day you'd have a way to call your troops back!

Edited by Chaos
Punctuation sweep.

And then there's times when you lose one in the dark because he wandered off too far before you could get his attention with a torch and run into him days later.

I find this particular event quite amusing. Sometimes I simply don't stop for them to catch up so they get lost and surprise me days later when I run into them. I know, I'm a horrible person.

• Developer

My intention with the pigs is for them to seem a bumbling and bit chaotic. Wilson doesn't really speak 'pig', and they're just hanging out with him because they want more meat. Sometimes they overstep their bounds and punch tier 3 spider dens with no backup. Silly pigs!I still want the player to feel lonely, even when surrounded by a horde of hired pigs. I think that having too much *direct* control over them would undercut that. That said, their brains are pretty basic at this point, and I hope to add some more advanced (autonomous) behaviours as time goes on. I've also got a pig-related surprise coming in a couple of updates that I think you will all enjoy.

My intention with the pigs is for them to seem a bumbling and bit chaotic. Wilson doesn't really speak 'pig', and they're just hanging out with him because they want more meat. Sometimes they overstep their bounds and punch tier 3 spider dens with no backup. Silly pigs!I still want the player to feel lonely, even when surrounded by a horde of hired pigs. I think that having too much *direct* control over them would undercut that. That said, their brains are pretty basic at this point, and I hope to add some more advanced (autonomous) behaviours as time goes on. I've also got a pig-related surprise coming in a couple of updates that I think you will all enjoy.

I don't want to be the one to say this, but by adding pigs you automatically dispelled part of the "loneliness" problem. The first time I found a pig and gave him some food, he started following me around, clumsy walking and rarely helping pig, but hey, it's fun and makes you feel less lonely. I still have him around and tend to avoid trekking at night near T3's XDSo why not this, to make pigs still seem off while still being able to help you, and accompany. Full moon werepigs?

post-491-13764589199986_thumb.jpgWerepigs would be awesome.What if pigmen, went crazy at the scent of blood, and if you dipped below 15% health, they would attack you. This would make them seem a little more disconnected.Also, what if pigmen were a little less colourful, or more muddy, or gave of odour clouds? this would make them seem less friendly, in comparison to everything else. Edited by ParallelBlade