Fix Birchguards

While I admire the new birch trees, the Birchguards are positively painful. Their spawn rate is way, WAY to high and too common. A 50% chance, are you kidding me? It needs to be 20%, if not even less! As a matter of fact, the Birchnutters make it so that you can just farm Birchnuts. Save one for replanting, and you have an endless food source. There needs to be a hard limit to the number of birchnutters that a tree can summon! And this is all t the cost of some log suit damage and a bit of health that can easily be fixed up with some butterfly wings. Which brings me to...

Nerf Catcoons

I like Catcoons, they're nice cute little companions, also, it shows the perfection of their sound design by Klei's talented staff. However, they're quite, QUITE overpowered, despite a stump being useless after spawning 9 catcoons. Butterflies, rabbits and birds don't ever flee from a catcoon, ever. This is a fast road to OP if you're playing any chara, especially Wolfgang. You don't even have to go foraging, just give a catcoon a pine cone and he's yours for a while, ripping apart butterflies, birds and rabbits without them batting an eye, at all. At the least, they should have a harder time catching the animals. It's an unbalancer, really.

Rework the heating method in food(FIXED)

The concept of Meaty Stew giving warmth is interesting, but it's a bit lopsided. How can it constantly stay hot? Why doesn't any other food do something similar, except for ice?

EDIT: The new update is satisfactory in this regard.

Make the desert biomes eternally hot(minus Winter)

Minus winter, it should always be at summer-heat levels in the daytime for the Desert biomes. Make it somewhat less during winter and when the sun goes down.

Make birds starve slower

I know birds don't have huge stomachs, but it's becoming quite difficult to make use of birds in birdcages with them at the current starvation rate in birdcages.

Insanity additions

This DLC is going well so far, but it really doesn't add anything to the magic aspect at all. And Endotherm pits are hard science, not magic. Something new is needed in this regard. Perhaps new shadow creatures, a new functionality to Shadow Manipulator, SOMETHING.

6) No. We have enough magic stuff. And whole big layer of ruins.

Nonsense. This DLC has brought changes to almost every single aspect of this game, EXCEPT the shadow nightmare magic crud. And it seriously just feels like the insanity aspect is lacking generally. The ruins help, but are only a bandaid over that wound. Shadow Creatures on the surface are more of a farming opportunity for mid-late gamers than a threat.

Shadow Creatures on the surface are more of a farming opportunity for mid-late gamers than a threat.

I agree, but still DLC mostly about fighting against weather and giants. For this, we have new items an biomes.

This DLC about everything except magic and caves. I think, it's okay.

agree with all of this but this:

Make the desert biomes eternally hot(minus Winter)

Minus winter, it should always be at summer-heat levels in the daytime for the Desert biomes. Make it somewhat less during winter and when the sun goes down

unless all other seasons get more stuff in a way to feel unique, Winter will just be even more unique, with easy (relatively)access hound mounds and buzzards, while the other seasons continue lacking anything to themseves

agree with all of this but this:

unless all other seasons get more stuff in a way to feel unique, Winter will just be even more unique, with easy (relatively)access hound mounds and buzzards, while the other seasons continue lacking anything to themseves

Could reduce the frequency of buzzards during winter then. Hound Mounds are tricky.

Archived