DLC Adventure Mode: Everything normal?

After getting the DLC I played through quite a bit of the new content, but then decided it was time to finally best this so-called adventure mode.

I took WX78 in there, figuring, hey, it will be tough if it rains early on, but the gears will make it all worth it.

It is. After dying most of yesterday (to the rain, or to carelessness) I finally got "A game is afoot" on world 1, and scored about 30 gears. Happy wx78. 

The freeze has ended, and i've burned through two of the barriers. However, something is fishy.

Winter isn't exactly ending. The igloos remain up, and nothing is regrowing. I've cleaned my primary area of all grasses, so I have to huddle by my fire for light for an evening then head back to the southern continent to try to grab as much grass as humanly possible.

If this changes, i'll post here and let you know, but its day 16 and still sitting on the transitional period between seasons with no regrown grass or sticks.

Let me know if you have any tips or know whats up with this. I'm eventually going to just have to cut my way through and cease my intensive hunt for all blueprints.

That is probably a part of the actual level. Been a long time since I played adventure. You don't want to hang around in adventure mode. You just want to get the pieces to the wooden thing, unlock certain recipes that you want and that you think will be helpful and progress to the next level.

oh crap.

makes me want to save it til after an update. i'm about a third of the way through archipelago and found an island with only one wormhole-- now i have to backtrack and find the island with 3.

Archived