Adventure Mode Boss

"It's an offering to the beast" -Wilson

That Quote is a reference to The Lord Of The Flies. Actually, the whole game is related to The Lord Of The Flies! So, I was thinking, (Spoilers Beyond This Point), The Lord Of Flies is about the inner savage in us all. So, you know that Shadow Hands that pull you into the Shadow Thrown? What if, now bear with me... If that shadow represents Wilson's Savageness, and inner evil. Turn that into boss, and, your game will FLY OFF THE SHELVES!!!

Thank You For Listening To My Ideas!!!

There are no physical copies of Don't Starve, so there is no way it could fly off the shelves.~

But in all seriousness, I don't think a 'final boss' would be good for the game.  Too mainstream.

Not for the Adventure mode, at least.

This post is filled with spoilers

The atmosphere of the end is very bleak and melancholic. You find your enemy after so much struggle only to feel sorry for him, reduced to a pathetic sight. In a desperate act you take his place willingly, no fights, no combat, the whole last chapter has no enemies.

But hey, Klei said that "Adventure Mode is just the beginning", they had other "mission-like" stuff on the way.

My bets is something focused on the ancient race.

Wendy also references The Lord Of The Flies. When she looks at the pig head, she states "Kill the pig. Spill his blood".

I think the world itself is the final boss. Sorry, but it's quite hard to fight the darkness of mankind, as great as that sounds.

There are shadow maxwells, so there would be a tall well detailed shadow willson, with demonic fiery red eyes. 

I can't really picture that being good with the games style, plus a tall wilson might look odd depending on how its done.

I still dont understand how you're supposed to fight with your character stuck on a chair.

Not for the Adventure mode, at least.

This post is filled with spoilers

The atmosphere of the end is very bleak and melancholic. You find your enemy after so much struggle only to feel sorry for him, reduced to a pathetic sight. In a desperate act you take his place willingly, no fights, no combat, the whole last chapter has no enemies.

But hey, Klei said that "Adventure Mode is just the beginning", they had other "mission-like" stuff on the way.

My bets is something focused on the ancient race.

Well, this is how it would work, you do adventure mode twice, as Wilson, then Maxwell. Maxwell feels grateful for Wilson saving him, despite how brutal he was to Wilson. He Knows a way to break the cycle, so you save Wilson, and well... Maxwell Dies, and Wilson actually cries... His emotions, and insanity mix, into true evil. Wilson's inner savage, and rage, and all that he is feeling is to great, so... Wilson hallucinates a more evil version of himself, and must fight his inner savage, and evil, in order to stop this insanity. 

Well, this is how it would work, you do adventure mode twice, as Wilson, then Maxwell. Maxwell feels grateful for Wilson saving him, despite how brutal he was to Wilson. He Knows a way to break the cycle, so you save Wilson, and well... Maxwell Dies, and Wilson actually cries... His emotions, and insanity mix, into true evil. Wilson's inner savage, and rage, and all that he is feeling is to great, so... Wilson hallucinates a more evil version of himself, and must fight his inner savage, and evil, in order to stop this insanity. 

You do not have to complete Adventure mode twice, its just a choice.

I wouldn't want them to add a boss in the adventure mode, the worlds themselves are a big challenge, adding a final boss that you'd have to beat in order to win adventure mode would be quite annoying.

Well, yea. But, You get supplies before you fight it, and if you die, you can go right back to the battle after you go through Maxwell's Door.

Archived