Carnatis Inviktus(Reserved)

Silentdarkness1

"Is it worth keeping?....or...should I get rid of it the hard way?....there's a certain book that's popular back home...and it says that if your eye offends you, you should pluck it out....and that if your hand offends you, you should chop it off......"

Wilson took off his overcoat and shirt, laying both an axe and a spear at his side, along with the supplies Entropy had gathered.

"Not quite yet. It proved useful against Vilsig, and we're going to need every advantage possible." Entropy decided to leave out the fact that they were also missing Lewis. "When this is done, though, severing it could be a good option. But if, as you say, it is giving you nightmares, I'm not sure that would do much. It could have spread a bit more."

(What's so heartache about someone loosing a hand? Joseph lost two legs and no one gave a damn.)

• Like 2

(What's so heartache about someone loosing a hand? Joseph lost two legs and no one gave a damn.)

( ^ ^ ^ )

(This will have a non-gruesome resolution. )

"....I suppose...."

Wilson looked over at the axe, then changed his mind and picked up the spear instead.

"...All the amulets in the world aren't going to help the chunks of leftover bone floating in my chest....you might want to look away if you're feeling squeamish, Entropy."

(Okay, this next scene is...well.....i'm going to go and put this in spoilers because disturbing scene alert. I'm not saying that it's a rule to have super-disturbing scenes in spoiler tags, but it helps, just in case.)

(WARNING: GRAPHIC SCENE)

Wilson carefully prepared the spear's tip, and took out a smooth rock, putting it into his mouth. Eventually, he drove it into his chest, well away from any major blood vessels or organs. He yelled out in pain, and bit down on the rock before continuing. He used the sharp side to cut the wound open larger, blood splurting out of the wound. Once he felt that the hole was large enough, he removed the spear, and let some of the blood drain out. He felt slightly woozy, but stayed conscious. Next, he dropped the spear and took out what appeared to be a rudimentary surgical tool made of wood, something like a pair of tweezers. Or maybe a clothespin. He worked it inside his wound, and started feeling around inside his chest cavity, eventually grabbing hold of a loose piece of rib-bone. He grabbed hold of it, and slowly brought it over to the wound, before pulling it out, a fresh wave of pain hitting him as the bone's sharp ends scraped against his flesh. The first piece of many bits of bone, out of his body. It dripped red. Wilson dropped the bone shard, and, closing his eyes to brace himself, went in to get another piece out.