Carnatis Inviktus(Reserved)

Silentdarkness1

After the longest time, Wilson finally got back to his camp. There was a fire pit in the middle, an Alchemy Engine, several chests, and a few frozen-over Ice Flingomatics. There was also a Shadow Manipulator on the outskirts. Something was amiss. Wilson had removed the gem from the Manipulator a long while ago to disable it. He didn't want to be involved with Shadow Magic anymore. Yet, somehow, it was active again, floating and emitting a slight humming noise as Wilson approached it. Suddenly, a man appeared before Wilson.

He appeared to be of a medium build, wearing robes colored of black and white, with a red streak down the middle. His facial features were obscured by a hood, save two yellow eyes, sunken in with dread-inducing intensity. Vilsig could sense an immensely powerful aura of shadow and madness emanating from him. He had a faint smell of nightmare fuel, did but not have the ethereality of a Shadow Creature. He clapped slowly.

"Mister Higgsbury. I was wondering when you would get back here."

(Rustlung?)

Vilsig shrinks back into the darkness a bit.  He has never seen this man before, and given his aura, decides it would be best not to tangle with him.  However, then he notices strength surging into his form.  The shade smiles; the madness emanating off this figure would be enough to sustain two, maybe even three high-level transformations.  Vilsig goes to work molding his form.

(Backfirage.)

(I'm going to go ahead and assume that's Rustlung. If it's not, I'll edit my post.)

Entropy had been following the torch's light at a distance. He couldn't help but be... Intrigued by the humans. But as he closed in on the light source when it stopped, he heard a horrifyingly familiar voice. The dark aura washed over him and he cringed. It had been a while since he had felt such a substantial amount of madness. But of course, he adapted in moments. He had spent what seemed like an eternity among those heartless beasts. And this being before him was one of them. He was almost certain that Rustlung had sensed his presence by now, but he bode his time. The aura was too powerful for him to notice Vilsig.

He could feel a good amount of confusion coming from the human, whose name was apparently Higgsbury. That could help him, confusion and chaos were often related. However, most of the structures around him were intact and in order, thus lowering his power. Hopefully, if and when a fight broke out, some of the things would be destroyed. Of course, nothing against the human, but it was very likely he couldn't challenge Rustling with the given scenario.

Edited by Blewcheese

(Yes. And Vilsig might have a bit of trouble if he interrupts Rusty tho. Also, Rustlung, not Rustling, Blewcheese :razz:)

"Who are you?"

"A man who gets straight to the point. I like that. I am Rustlung the Wicked. Mind if I ask you something?....do you know how long you've been in our presence?"

"I stopped counting a long time ago."

"Three years, give or take a day. You have provided us with much entertainment. But, we are beginning to realize something else. A puppet masquerading this long cannot be a good thing. No, rather a bad omen. You are a problem, now. THEY.....call me in when problems need to be dealt with. If you understand the thrust of my gist."

Wilson cursed under his breath, still having his spear at the ready.

"Great...another shadow that wants to kill me."

"I can understand that feeling. You know, nobody here is stopping you from killing yourself right now. We do not have to turn this into a brutal, bloody fight."

( @ I'm going to allow Bastion in, and update the flowchart and OP, but I think we might be throwing in too many non-human characters now. 1 super magic creature, two shadows, then there's also Hugos....see where i'm getting at?)

Edited by Silentdarkness1

(Vilsig got dis.  Vilsig all gewd.)

Vilsig, now rejuvinated, begins to transform himself.  He pulls his consciousness out of his body, and assumes a third-person view.  Under the cover of darkness, he begins to mold his form like clay, like a sculptor creating a statue.  Creating new limbs here, pulling off ones there, stretching his torso like elastic.  Vilsig felt none of it.  Once done, he re-entered his body, walked around a bit, and then turned back to the two humans, interested in what would happen.

(Oh ho ho ho...hahaha....trust me, Rusty's not human.)

Rustlung sighed deeply, forming an orb of nightmare fuel in a hand.

"You had better have an extremely good reason for interrupting this meeting."

Wilson looked around, not seeing anything.

"Oh, was I intruding?"  Vilsig says, clasping two of his clawed hands.  "Oh, what a crying shame.  Really sad, actually."

Raising a third hand, he pretends to wipe his 6 eyes.

"Well, don't let me interrupt.  Go ahead."

"Hmph....yes.....as I was saying..."

"......I....."

"Come on now, Mister Higgsbury. What do you have to live for? You are alone, in this unforgiving wilderness, with no way out and a bloody demise waiting at every corner. You've outlived your entertainment value."

"She wouldn't want me to give up so easily."

"A lost love?"

Wilson shook his head.

"My...sister. Your friends killed her.."

"Is that so, Mister Higgsbury? Admirable. Foolish, yet undeniably admirable!..you know, when you die, you'll able to join her in unlife."

"Still hard to believe that spirits exist."

"But they do, Mister Higgsbury. You've seen so much for yourself. Of course, bliss would have been leaving those graves undisturbed. But, regardless. Your sister's memory has you stalling and wasting time, trying to....to do what? Stay dapper? Survive? Survival has no true point if there is no end to it. And for you, there is no end. Except that at the business end of a weapon. What will it be, Mister Higgsbury?"

"....Can I have a last request?"

"I suppose."

"Can I have some time to think about it?"

"..........Very well. Assuming you can survive your...ahem...present company, over there, I will come again for you in 3 days, at the crack of dawn. Be ready."

Rustlung flicked a ball of dark fire onto the fire pit, which instantly lit it up with dark fire, flaring up unnaturally high, lighting the place up with a crackling dark hum. He walked away from the camp, and after a few steps, disappeared in a cloud of dark energies. Wilson turned to where he had heard the voice come from earlier.

Vilsig whistles.  "Wow.  What a kind fellow.  Three whole days.  That's more than two, at least."

He unclasps his hands.  With a shaking thuds, he falls to the ground.

"i, on the other hand, am going to get some sleep.  Don't eat any more of that taffy until you've had your vegetables."  He adds, in a sarcastically fake parental voice.

"You should mind your own business."

Wilson walked over to a chest and took out a small bag made of tied-together cut grass, taking out some well-cooked green mushrooms to stay calm, and eating those as well before walking over to the Shadow Manipulator. He looked deep into the gem. He had promised himself to stop using the thing a couple weeks ago, but apparently, now he had a reason to.

(There. He had veggies instead of taffy :p )

"You haven't given up, have you?" Entropy spoke out from the darkness. "Anyway, please forgive my former colleagues. Well, actually, don't. I still haven't. The point is, don't give up." It had been a while since he'd spoken, so he had trouble bringing congruent sentences to his mouth.