Season length settings WAI?

FDru

Starting a new world on "Long" season duration, I ended up in spring and it flipped to summer at day 27. Isn't a long season supposed to be 50 days or so?

Does this setting not work or is this what's supposed to happen?

Short seasons are from 15 - 20 days, default from 20 - 25 days and long from 25 - 20. But that's stupid, I'd say, cause I'd like to stay in one season for longer, that's why I've suggested before, that it'd be better if short is about 20 days, default about 30 - 35 days and long 40 - 50 days or so, cause that'd make a lot more difference, than we have right now, and there isn't really much of a difference between short and default, default and long!

Well that's 6 days longer, meaning that the full cicle will have 24 more days

Well, from what I remember it was perfectly possible to end up in winter on day 27 before RoG so I'd expect a "Long" season setting to be explicitly longer than what a normal one was before.

By default, spring/autumn are 20 days and summer/winter are 15. I think. I'm at day 50 on a RoG game that started in Autumn, so it'll be turning Summer soon; if it's on day 55 then this is right. Get back to you on that later if I don't forget.

Don't know how tweaked the settings are, a long season being 50 days in vanilla isn't as weird as it would be now though because there was only 2 seasons, not four. I do know that some of the settings aren't really working correctly quite yet.

Well, from what I remember it was perfectly possible to end up in winter on day 27 before RoG so I'd expect a "Long" season setting to be explicitly longer than what a normal one was before.

Actually I made a mistake. Spring lasts for 20 days (Oops, ninjed :p), so the long function added a week to it. I get what you mean, but the long option seems fine to me.

Starting a new world on "Long" season duration, I ended up in spring and it flipped to summer at day 27. Isn't a long season supposed to be 50 days or so?

Does this setting not work or is this what's supposed to happen?

It's working as it's intended, but it looks like they changed it for RoG. There have been a couple of suggestions for splitting up various world settings that have been received favorably before, so hopefully at some point you'll be able to set the length for each season independently.

Here's the code:

local tuning_vars = {
["shortseasons"] = {autumn=15, winter=10, spring=15, summer=10}, 
["default"] = {autumn=TUNING.AUTUMN_LENGTH, winter=TUNING.WINTER_LENGTH, spring=TUNING.SPRING_LENGTH, summer=TUNING.SUMMER_LENGTH}, 
["longseasons"] = {autumn=25, winter= 20, spring=25, summer=20}, 
}

The defaults are what you're probably familiar with, 20, 15, 20, 15.

Archived