Very simple idea, Candles from bees wax. I managed to build a resalable sized camp and had to put up multiple camp fires and go along fuelling all of them. I reckon that a placeable candle would be really cool. My idea is that you can only get bees wax from bees in a bee box and not a hive and that you need the crook pot to mix a stronger version on silk (String) with bees wax, the string acting as the wick.

Not sure if its worth thinking bout or not but tell me what you think, just an idea and i apologise if someone said this idea, i did have a quick look.

Very simple idea, Candles from bees wax. I managed to build a resalable sized camp and had to put up multiple camp fires and go along fuelling all of them. I reckon that a placeable candle would be really cool. My idea is that you can only get bees wax from bees in a bee box and not a hive and that you need the crook pot to mix a stronger version on silk (String) with bees wax, the string acting as the wick.

I know the idea of creating candles from bees wax has come up, but as a part of a suggestion I made for the Miner's Hat. Then I learned I didn't come up with the Miner's Hat idea either (and it used fireflies, rather than a candle). I personally don't see there being any issue with crafting candles, so long as they eventually expire and this could be done from the crafting menu (no need to use the crock pot). But if that's the case, then we already have pumpkin lanterns for this very case.

But if that's the case, then we already have pumpkin lanterns for this very case.

True, but then, candles would fit well in the art of the game I reckon. Maybe a earlier tech to the glowing lanterns ? Hard decision, it sure isn't necessary... Maybe just having infinite candles near graveyards would be cool.

I'm just imagining a candle getting blown out (wind or the troll from my "fairytales" suggestions) would be pretty cool to witness.

True, but then, candles would fit well in the art of the game I reckon.

True.

Maybe a earlier tech to the glowing lanterns ? Hard decision, it sure isn't necessary...

Well I personally wouldn't object to the crafting formula being changed for the pumpkin lantern to one that used beeswax candles instead of fireflies. To be honest I keep wondering why the fireflies don't just escape through the jack-o-lantern's face? :p

Maybe just having infinite candles near graveyards would be cool.

I would counter with suggesting maybe fireflies would gather more commonly in graveyards and swamps, rather than any other biome. Also, maybe a new "wild" nighttime light source... a will-o-the-wisp? That would work very well with graveyards.

I'm just imagining a candle getting blown out (wind or the troll from my "fairytales" suggestions) would be pretty cool to witness.

That sounds more like a horror story. :)

Edited by mobius187

I would counter with suggesting maybe fireflies would gather more commonly in graveyards and swamps, rather than any other biome. Also, maybe a new "wild" nighttime light source... a will-o-the-wisp? That would work very well with graveyards.

i like that idea

Not sure if it's really worth it with all the existing light sources we already have, but now I want to surround my effigy with a circle of candles and sacrifice some jackalopes to it...

The horror! Well it's a good thing then that you can never capture rabbits alive! Well... at least not until the latest teaser becomes an update. Then... the horror! :o

I really wished Jack-o-lanterns could be balanced somehow to last like 30 days or something without completely destroying the night time.

ooh!

ooh ooh!

Jack-o-lanterns would be infinite, but the lights would go out! And replacing the light with a new candle would be way less expensive!

I really want a reason to have Jack-o-lanterns.