Things getting wet

So when you get wet you lose sanity, and you can freeze to death.

What happens when things get wet?  Wet things in your inventory get a little blue outline.  It seems to work a bit like spoilage, if you put a single wet log into a group of dry logs they'll all be dry. 

Do wet logs not burn as long?  If so, it must be a small difference, I havent noticed anything big.

Fireflies always get this outline when it rains, even if they're in my backpack and I'm using an umbrella.  Does it affect them?

I went to harvest some crops after a lot of rain and noticed that carrots had the outline, but corn didnt.  Corn doesn't get wet? 

It looks like any hat provides just a little bit of protection from the rain, but that little bit is enough to stop you from getting wet at all if you have an umbrella. 

So what else gets affected by being wet?

How wet do you have to be for this to happen?  I've never seen this.

It's when the item you're holding has the blue outline... it becomes slippery and will occasionally fly out of your hand.

Your meter has to be high (not sure of percentage), but it doesn't have to be completely filled for it to happen.  It often happens around spring when the rains are almost constant.

OP,

You must be new to DLC. When it was in alpha testing, everything was wet. In winter time, the backpack was wet, the pond was wet, even the heat stone was wet(did not store heat).  Wet crock pot produces fast spoiling food (blue outline), now. Wet clothing also reduces sanity. Other than that, the descriptions on several things feel redundant in-game, probably because they don't want to remove them(cus they put so much effort in writing them).

Quick tip: to remove the blue outline, you can stack dry items with wet items. 

You must be new to DLC. When it was in alpha testing, everything was wet. In winter time, the backpack was wet, the pond was wet, even the heat stone was wet(did not store heat).  Wet crock pot produces fast spoiling food (blue outline), now. Wet clothing also reduces sanity. Other than that, the descriptions on several things feel redundant in-game, probably because they don't want to remove them(cus they put so much effort in writing them).

I know about all that other stuff. It just seems odd that they would even bother having rocks and stuff get wet when it serves no purpose.

OP,

Well, I already pointed out several things you repeated here in the actual OP, and you didnt really answer any questions that hadn't already been answered.  Since youre obviously so much more experienced than I am, apparently, you can tell me why glowbugs in your inventory get wet when it's raining even if you're using an umbrella and they are in your backpack.  You should also be able to tell me what effect this has on them.  While you're at it I'd like to know why carrots get wet and corn doesn't.

• Developer

I know about all that other stuff. It just seems odd that they would even bother having rocks and stuff get wet when it serves no purpose.

Though things like rocks aren't immediately affected by being wet, it does factor in if you use wet rocks to craft something: if enough of the ingredients were wet enough, the crafted product will be wet as well (similar to how cooking in a crock pot calculates the spoilage of the resulting food). As for stuff in the world, the blue text and wet adjective prefixes are there to signal that the world is wet and that items you gather from the world at this time will enter your inventory wet (and then start drying off if you're protected from the rain).

Though things like rocks aren't immediately affected by being wet, it does factor in if you use wet rocks to craft something: if enough of the ingredients were wet enough, the crafted product will be wet as well (similar to how cooking in a crock pot calculates the spoilage of the resulting food). As for stuff in the world, the blue text and wet adjective prefixes are there to signal that the world is wet and that items you gather from the world at this time will enter your inventory wet (and then start drying off if you're protected from the rain).

Ah, okay! That makes sense, I suppose! Thanks for clearing that up!

Archived