Craftable Wormholes

I know there is a staff that u can use to teleport around the map, but I was thinking that if u could make wormholes where u want as a late game item it would cut down the wasted time running around the map which can be a drag lategame, they would be hard to make, I was thinking items should be something like 10 monster meat, 8 hound teeth, purple gem, 4 nightmare fuel, and essence of wormhole which u would get from hammering down a pair of connected wormholes it would be built out of the shadow manipulator

Thoughts?

I know there is a staff that u can use to teleport around the map, but I was thinking that if u could make wormholes where u want as a late game item it would cut down the wasted time running around the map which can be a drag lategame, they would be hard to make, I was thinking items should be something like 10 monster meat, 8 hound teeth, purple gem, 4 nightmare fuel, and essence of wormhole which u would get from hammering down a pair of connected wormholes it would be built out of the shadow manipulator

Thoughts?

Wormholes are alive, so I have to say no. You can't craftliving thing.

You can just use the Telelocator staff with a Telelocator focus, or the Lazy Explorer staff. :wilson_wink:

This sounds to me like it would be much more appropriate for a Mad Science DLC, which brings in a 3rd tier of science.   Then it would be science based teleporation.  If you build two it's a simple back and forth.  You can build more, but then entering any one of them takes you to a random one of the remaining pads.  So the more you build the harder it becomes to actually get where you want to go.  And since they would still drain sanity like wormholes, continually reentering would become costly.  MAD SCIENCE!

Archived