Wendy and the Evil Flowers

My in-story answer would be: death isn't necessarily evil.  So while Wendy has a morbid fascination with death (I love playing her because of her comments), evil flowers could still be creepy.

Gameplay-wise: picking Evil Flowers is a valuable resource for lowering your sanity intentionally; sometimes you need to do this.  Also, if there were no penalty, it could become too easy for Wendy to make nightmare fuel compared to other characters.  (Balance between characters isn't a focus, I know)

I'm assuming the flowers literally have some sort of evil aura and that's why they drive people bonkers. Maybe it's just something small like whispering and standing on top of them? They're whispering right in your earhole. Maybe they scream when you pick them. 

For Maxwell they actually faintly play Ragtime. 

I'm assuming the flowers literally have some sort of evil aura and that's why they drive people bonkers. Maybe it's just something small like whispering and standing on top of them? They're whispering right in your earhole. Maybe they scream when you pick them. 

For Maxwell they actually faintly play Ragtime. 

So what a pity if they are not evil by their own mind, but force to be, being ruled by someone or something.

And they wispers because they feel pain, and hunger for understanding.

My in-story answer would be: death isn't necessarily evil.  So while Wendy has a morbid fascination with death (I love playing her because of her comments), evil flowers could still be creepy.

Gameplay-wise: picking Evil Flowers is a valuable resource for lowering your sanity intentionally; sometimes you need to do this.  Also, if there were no penalty, it could become too easy for Wendy to make nightmare fuel compared to other characters.  (Balance between characters isn't a focus, I know)

Ruins. All I shall say.

The thing is that the ruins doesn't address the comparative difference between characters.  I also was responding in a similar style.  Also, if you have the infrastructure to do ruins, you probably aren't going to care about picking evil flowers.

The thing is that the ruins doesn't address the comparative difference between characters.  I also was responding in a similar style.  Also, if you have the infrastructure to do ruins, you probably aren't going to care about picking evil flowers.

Point taken, but they are only hard during your first visit. After that on other worlds, you know what you need, what you want, and how to get it. Example: If you want nightmare fuel, you can sit by a light plant and hide eoth your bush hat. Every cycle is like 60+ nightmare fuel. After my third visit to the ruins, I had almost 300. So it doesn't matter that you can get like 6 fuel from the overworld without losing sanity.

Archived