Some Actions Now Produce Heat?

We're probably just thinking too much about it, pretty sure they dont want to freeze to death mid video, this would suck in summer. Besides, how would mining some kind of glacier in real life give you heat?

Swinging a pick axe repeatedly would make me break a sweat

Possibly, mining a rock like they do in-game, probably. But mining a glacier might make you a bit colder. (It depends on a few things) but i guess it could make you warmer too.

naw. any form of work regardless of weather or glacier lol would warm your blood. but i never noticed this. how true is working in don't starve raising your temp anyway?

naw. any form of work regardless of weather or glacier lol would warm your blood. but i never noticed this. how true is working in don't starve raising your temp anyway?

It seems to be pretty effective because it got Wigfrid out of the icy corner screen within a few whacks. I've yet to test it out in game, though

I tested it a while ago, no actions produce heat. I used Always on Status mod to check.

actions like running or mining in this case produce heat only if you are alrdy freezing

i noticed this ingame too

It seems to work for me, but only half of the time, and I don't get why. At one point I ran in Winter, without ANYTHING with WX-78 ans didn't freeze, I thought it was cause I was running, but when I started freezing, then made a fire and then started running again, I started to freeze instantly. IDK why this only works sometimes. If this is a feature, it's kinda glitched!

That's just silly, why can't they produce heat at all times? This forces the player to wait until freezing to do something, which is very counter-intuitive

Usually the player is doing something already before freezing. Also the heat actions give is really small.

Usually the player is doing something already before freezing. Also the heat actions give is really small.

To be specific, imagine that a player with low tier insulation clothes is going to mine some rocks, he could very well end up freezing right after he finished so the best "solution" would be to wait until the ice appears on the screen and then start to work.

Archived