A little suggestion about Desert turfs

I once used pitchfork to remove one piece of Desert turf. It got removed but didn't drop anything. How about if it did drop something like Desert turf or sand, which you could then place to make your landscape look like desert if you wanted to. But the sand could be blown away, just like the ashes.

Yeah,I do think desert turf should look different. Not blowing away or whatever, but more than just an orange version of the "blank" turf. I'm trying to think of what it could look like; maybe  there could be some long, wavy lines in it to be like patterns of blown sand?

EDIT: Just do a quick Google Images search of "desert sand waves" and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, they should do a desert turf drop.. The desert turf looks dry, but not sandy. How about adding palm trees that drop coconuts (Maybe a Palm tree that looks like a hand that drops some kind of coco nut that work like the Birchnuts, when a Palm tree is angered, they start frantically running about attacking you? I don't know. . . Just a little idea that I'd prefer not be added :p) and some larger cacti! Maybe instead of hound mounds spawning hounds, maybe a desert hound (or coyote) that works like a hound and looks like one, just a deserty yellowish dry color? :]

Yeah, they should do a desert turf drop.. The desert turf looks dry, but not sandy. How about adding palm trees that drop coconuts (Maybe a Palm tree that looks like a hand that drops some kind of coco nut that work like the Birchnuts, when a Palm tree is angered, they start frantically running about attacking you? I don't know. . . Just a little idea that I'd prefer not be added :p) and some larger cacti! Maybe instead of hound mounds spawning hounds, maybe a desert hound (or coyote) that works like a hound and looks like one, just a deserty yellowish dry color? :]

That shoild be in Oasis and there shoild be a jungle biome where the palm trees would be as well!!! Devs, do this for the next update?

That shoild be in Oasis and there shoild be a jungle biome where the palm trees would be as well!!! Devs, do this for the next update?

The oasis would be rare, but would have chests will random beach goodies, or a trap! You could fish in the oasis and catch a fish that would be be a really good food source? The fish would be a different kind then a normal one though. I agree on the jungle biome, oh yeah! I had an idea for that!

Actually there currently is a chance for an 'oasis' to spawn in the deserts.  It'll have green turf, and birch trees, sometimes ponds or catcoons.  It's not common though.

As for jungles, it would have to snow there I think, given that the game doesn't limit weather to certain biomes.  Given the uproar over cave weather, if it was snowing in jungles then some peoples' heads would explode.

Actually there currently is a chance for an 'oasis' to spawn in the deserts.  It'll have green turf, and birch trees, sometimes ponds or catcoons.  It's not common though.

As for jungles, it would have to snow there I think, given that the game doesn't limit weather to certain biomes.  Given the uproar over cave weather, if it was snowing in jungles then some peoples' heads would explode.

It was snowing in the desert, it was snowing in savanna; my head did not explode, thanks very much :)

It was snowing in the desert, it was snowing in savanna; my head did not explode, thanks very much :-)

Those happen irl.  The devs actually did pretty good in making there desert no a stereotypical sandy desert, but more a 'wasteland' desert, like the badlands.  These exist all over the US, including on the north end of my own state, Nebraska, and it most definitely snows there.  

The savanna could be considered a tundra.  Where yaks come from.  And it snows.  Even within the game context I consider savannas more of a wasteland than the desert biome, because nothing exists in savannas other than grass and beefalo.  Deserts have rocks, spiky trees, spiky bushes, grass, hounds, vultures.  Within this game the desert is more interesting than the savanna!

I don't know of any jungles that ever get snow.  Not saying it might not exist in some technical sense, but in the sense that most people think of a jungle, it does not.

I do think that deserts could be improved; perhaps sandstorms could be implemented?

They would be spontaneous and drastically reduce visibility, and knock off a small amount of health.

So far, the only challenge for me in deserts has been hound mounds, and about 8-10 pigs can more or less distract and kill the hounds whilst I destroy the mound. :)

I do think that deserts could be improved; perhaps sandstorms could be implemented?

They would be spontaneous and drastically reduce visibility, and knock off a small amount of health.

Or Dust Devils perhaps? (IRL a type of whirlwind which forms in dry dusty enviroments - but in dont starve, perhaps they could carry a pitchfork too :))

Archived