A Strange New World (Fan Authored Diary of Wilson)

aj3067

[Obviously, I own none of the characters in this story. Every event is to be imagined in the universe of Don't Starve, and yet, it is all non-canon, or that which has nothing to do with Klei Entertainment's storyline for the game. Also, as a disclaimer, I'm not a good writer. This story could be complete crap. Just saying.]

"Say, you don't look so good'"

It was these words... These damned words that broke me. All of my resolve, everything I lived for, undone by a simple comment from a single masculine voice.

"You'd better find something to eat!"

Even though I felt afraid of that voice, I slowly opened my eyes and sat up. Something out of the corner of my eye disappeared. I couldn't see what it was, other than a vague human form... Do humans exist here?

Do humans exist here? I thought to myself. Why would I think that? It's got to be this place. This place... It's nowhere I've been before, it smells of wetness, as opposed to... To where I was a few minutes ago. How did I even get here? Is this a dream? I don't know. I need answers. Looking for one, I took in the world around me. I saw some trees, a few patches of grass, some rock, and

Oh dear, a spider. I'm not usually particularly afraid of spiders, but, usually, spiders weren't as big as I am. The damned think was shrieking and coming at me. I did the only logical thing I could do--I ran.

Hours later, after no longer seeing hide nor hair of the arachnid, I began to feel a light rumbling in my stomach. Those WORDS floated back at me, out of the trees. It made me angry. That voice had no right to make me eat. I decided, instead, to look around for something to do. I saw some rocks on the ground and hit them together for a bit.

Bored yet again, I put the rocks in my pocket and started walking. I didn't know the direction (I'd never learned natural survival skills from my father) and I didn't know the time. All I knew was that I wasn't going to eat. That voice made me sure of that.

I came upon a poor little sapling, I could have killed the thing just by blowing on it, probably. The masochistic part of me decided it'd be humourous if I perhaps stripped it of its branches. I used some of the rocks from earlier, and got some twigs.

As I was playing with the bits of wood, I heard a voice. It was shouting, and feminine.

"YESSSS! YESSSS! BURN! BURN MORE! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA"

To be completely honest, I couldn't decide whether I should run away, or try to talk to her. My decision, though, was made for me. A disturbing crackling sound reached my ears, from roughly the same direction as the shouts.

Seconds later, the world was engulfed in flame.

[To be continued]

Edited by aj3067
  • Like 1

[Hey, guys, this is just some filler while I come up with more ideas. It's from a different... perspective, you could say.]

"It was a pleasure to burn"

Or, that's what mommy read from that book. I liked it when she'd read books to me. I would cuddle up with Mr. Huggins and imagine the story in my head. She'd often read a book she said she liked, Fahrenheit 451. I can't say I understood all of the words, but I liked the fire. It was a lot better than when Dad read me books, he'd always read this story about a stupid rabbit named Foo Foo. I thought Foo Foo sounded tasty. I'd like to eat Foo Foo.

I saw some stupid rabbits here, too, when I woke up. They're not as much fun as the fire, but eating them makes me feel good. I want to go down into their little holes and eat them all. Then, I'd be the most amazing girl here.... Wherever here is. This is probably another one of Daddy's experiments, he was always doing those on Mommy and me. I wonder if there's any fire here. I like fire. I remember, one time, when Daddy didn't have any matches left to light one of his burners, he would take some grass and some wood and make a fire. I think I can do it, too.

A warm glow escaped from the grass. Fire. I didn't know quite what to do with it. I suppose just looking at it would do for now.... I remember on some nights, Daddy would give me some matches, and Mr. Huggins and I would go outside and set things on fire. It was fun. One night in particular, though, I set our old oak tree on fire. It looked spectacular. I got so excited, seeing the hot fiery inferno before me. It stirred something in me that I hadn't seen in a while. I kept hoping it would catch our house on fire, it would make Mommy and Daddy so pretty if they were on fire, too. But the stupid firemen came and put out the fire! I hate firemen. They ruin all my fun.

But, it doesn't look like there's any firemen here. I slowly took some grass over to a tree nearby, excitement rising in my chest. I touched a flame to the leaves. It took a second, but the leaf caught on fire and began crumbling up. It caught several more leaves on fire, and Soon, the whole tree was on fire. Fire, fire, fire. This is so amazing! THE WHOLE TREE WAS ON FIRE! But then, the next tree over, it leaned towards my tree a bit, and it caught on fire, too! This was wonderful! Beyond anything I had ever dreamed of before! The whole forest was catching! I couldn't believe it! "Yes! Yes! Burn! Burn more!" I shouted. I began laughing. This was amazing.

There was another person here. He was in the middle of the burning forest. He started shouting for help, but he didn't need help, the fire was already almost on him. Soon, he would look as beautiful as Mommy did, before she died. I couldn't wait.

post-431-13764589198597_thumb.jpg

[To be continued...]

Edited by aj3067
  • Like 1

Tee hee :D

I wonder what Wendy is doing when all this is happening...

[To be completely fair, I haven't unlocked, or even seen more than a silhouette of Wendy. I can't really write her in until I do. XD]

[if someone were to screenshot some images, namely her character selection screen, and some random examines and send them to eggman5777@yahoo.com, I could try to capture her essence.]

Edited by aj3067

[To be completely fair, I haven't unlocked, or even seen more than a silhouette of Wendy. I can't really write her in until I do. XD]

[if someone were to screenshot some images, namely her character selection screen, and some random examines and send them to eggman5777@yahoo.com, I could try to capture her essence.]

I almost unlocked her!

only 40+ days to go...

Moaning and creaking around me, the trees disintegrated. Amazingly, I wasn't set alight. Being as curious as I am, I touched the tree. My finger separated the flames. The warmth licked around my flesh, not quite touching it. I withdrew my hand and embraced the burning tree with my entire body. The flames left the tree completely. I stepped back and scratched my head.

Does fire not hurt here? Can I even BE hurt?

Unlike me, however, the forest was completely decimated, save for the single tree I'md extinguished. Through the burned branches, I saw a small girl, no more than nine years old, carrying a stuffed bear. We made eye contact. She was laughing. Laughing! Did she mean to kill me? I assume as much, because after a few moments, she turned and ran. I, not wanting to die, began walking in the opposite direction. Maybe, if she could be here, others (less insane others) could be, too.

My stomach rumbled. Still not going to eat, I thought to myself. If I starve and die, at least I know--

A scent drifted lazily towards my nose.

Meat. More specifically, meat that smelled of bacon. I walked faster, almost at a jog. The smell reminded me of Wanda's cooking. It had been so long since I had eaten any of her dishes. Oh, Wanda....

Ahead, unlike anything Wanda, I saw some small cottages. They were very compact, you could'nt fit two of me inside one. Roaming near the cottages were some disgusting amalgamations of pig, fetus, and man, with some steroids thrown in for good measure. I walked into their little camp, and they gathered around me, calling me "Strange monkey man" and asking if I had any meat. I shook my head and they all backed off. They asked me what I wanted, and I replied by asking where I would get some.

The creatures looked taken aback. Apparently, asking them such questions was not a popular pastime in these areas. they pointed (towards what I will assume was) North and mumbled someting about scary spiders.

Now determined to eat something... Anything cooked, I walked in that direction. I saw a few strange, ovular rocks with cobwebs surrounding them. I walked up to one, and it began moving. Thinking logically, I punched it.

Six spiders, shrieking and skittering, came from the rock. remembering my earlier incident with spiders, I began running. I looked back, They were chasing me! I lead them back to my friends' campsite, and they all began beating on the spiders. The spiders, one by one, were killed. As they fell, bits of silk and monster meat began appearing where their bodies lay. I walked over to an expired spider, sniffed its meat, and took a large bite.

Ouch! the damned thing was spiky! It scratched my throat all the way down. My stomach, though, felt satisfied... For now. I rubbed my abdomen, and saw that the pig-men had also eated bits of the meat. They, however, didn't appear too affected by its texture. They walked over to me and began calling me "friend," and saying that I was, indeed "good". I gathered up all the silk and the remenants of the spiders meat, and they followed me around.

I had my own Entourage.

[To be continued]

Wendy is a blond girl with (I assume) a sad outlook on life as her portrait is of her sitting on a gravestone, picking petals off a flower. She also has a curious looking raven looking up at her. One other thing of note is I remember seeing a post in another thread the her back story/unique skill has something to do with ghosts. I can't be sure if this is true but since she is sitting on a grave stone I believe it is more than likely true. However I don't believe it has been implemented into game yet as i still can't do anything against them damm things even on Wendy. I hope this helps.

One other thing of note is I remember seeing a post in another thread the her back story/unique skill has something to do with ghosts. -snip-

[it's believed, but I desire actual confirmation, that her skill will be talking to ghosts.]

This is great! You inspired me to, maybe, write some stories and make videos about them to put on my channel. A shame I am brazilian and my english is awful, if it wasn't I might have used your own text to make a video and show it to you.

Anyways, the story is very well written, and I am utterly curious to know what will happen next. I hope Willow doesn't kill Wilson so Soon (I've only read the first 2 parts before writing this... reading the rest now). D:

Great job! I'll be coming back for more, for sure!