Why can't we play as Wigfrid/Webber in a non-RoG world?

I get the reasoning that "It's because they're part of the dlc!", but, why does that matter? If we unlock the characters, shouldn't we be allowed to use them in all parts of the game? The game's a giant sandbox mode anyhow, and locking two characters to the DLC world, even when we've unlocked them, seems weird to be frank. Is it because they'd be imbalanced in a non-RoG world?

I just feel like if you unlock them, you should be able to use them in all the versions of the game, not just RoG exclusive worlds.

Honestly, it feels like there's no reason to play the original mode now unless you want an easier time.

Putting them in normal mode means people with no DLC can pirate the files, as the game will be able to find files that shouldn't exist.

Paying for DLC at that point would be no more hassle than pirating. Would you feel right if you paid for a game then learned no one pays for it? Personally, I wouldn't like that at all.

Errr, as someone said, it has nothing to do with any of the reasons speculated in paranoia in this thread. It's merely that RoG boots a folder that comes with RoG, and the new characters are part of that. There are heaps of lines of code in these characters that aren't cross-compatible and would crash the game if you tried to copy/paste them. Thus, it'd take time and effort to port them back - even for Klei. 

And why should Klei port them for people owning RoG? It's way easier to merely make World Gen settings that emulate Vanilla. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier. Copy rights, piracy, and whatever else you can come up with as an excuse is besides the point: World Gen is something they intend to customize and have done so quite considerably already, so, chill out. If Klei doesn't do it, a modder will and you'll get your Vanilla-esque World Gen with the new characters.

Archived