Craftable Gramophone

Nightmare fuel + gold nuggets + gears + hound's tooth + twigs. Maybe a beefalo horn.

EZ

You should be able to find some disks in the ruins. There should be normal disks and nightmare disks.

Playing a normal disk should give the gramophone a sanity aura and should take some effect on mobs. These disks should contain D.R. Style and Creepy Forest, too.

Playing a nightmare disk should give the gramophone an insanity aura and should spawn a shadow creature. It should also take some effect on mobs. These disks should contain distorted music with spooky ambient sounds and some screams, maybe... And the Gramaphone's Ragtime music.

Disks should get consumed or damaged when you play them. I think that the gramophone should get damaged, too.

I can imagine some of the disks:

Autumn (Normal):

It should give a small sanity boost. Plays the Autumn soundtrack (EFS, Danger, Working). The soundtrack may be modified and stylized. I don't know if should it play the whole Autumn soundtrack or should it select a random track.

Mobs should get interested at it.

Autumn (Nightmare):

Highly distorted autumn tracks "mixed" together. It should have some static noise, whispers and screams as ambient sounds.

It should decrease sanity and it should turn nearby mobs into nightmare mobs (Beardling, Beardlord or maybe even Werepig). It should have a small aura that makes the player feel insane instantly like the Nightmare Amulet. It should frighten most non-monster mobs.

ETC.

I'd like to see just a gramophone that just played music, no buffs or debuffs from playing certain tracks, just music.

Also if ragtime isn't gained from completing adventure mode and taking it off from Maxwell's gramophone i will be disappoint

Would,be nice to play your favourite Don't starve tracks at your base. Have to craft a record to go with it (or 20+ if you want one for EVERY track)

Might be neat if this was added for the people who bought the soundtrack itself

Archived