Webber notes

I just edited in the answer for that in my last post.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Ah kk, ty. I wasn't sure you saw my edited post before :) Thanks for answering my previous questions, I'll be sure to ask you again if I can think of any more questions.

Now i want to ask you a question, do you like webbers abilities (and drawbacks)

He sounds pretty good so far, I can just plant a bunch of spider nests near my base and basically have a sort of tripwire system for my fellow spiders to attack things that are coming for me, like hounds for instance. Though it may be a drawback if they are firehounds or something big like a deerclops. The silk beard was a nice touch by Klei though XD, gives Webber a good alternative to having to farm his own brothers and sisters to make something like a dapper top hat.

He sounds pretty good so far, I can just plant a bunch of spider nests near my base and basically have a sort of tripwire system for my fellow spiders to attack things that are coming for me, like hounds for instance. Though it may be a drawback if they are firehounds or something big like a deerclops. The silk beard was a nice touch by Klei though XD, gives Webber a good alternative to having to farm his own brothers and sisters to make something like a dapper top hat.

That plan would actually work, the hounds would step on the webbing, the spiders would come out and defend you. That's actually a very good plan. If a spider queen emerges, they will defend you too!

That plan would actually work, the hounds would step on the webbing, the spiders would come out and defend you. That's actually a very good plan. If a spider queen emerges, they will defend you too!

Plus you can set up a few traps for spider glands and monster meat nearby if you need it. By the way, can Webber use spider glands/healing salve even if it was made from a spider? Also, do your spider friends get caught in traps?

Plus you can set up a few traps for spider glands and monster meat nearby if you need it. By the way, can Webber use spider glands/healing salve even if it was made from a spider? Also, do your spider friends get caught in traps?

Webber can still use spider glands and healing salve.

Your spider friends do get caught in traps. :(

Webber on examining the Tam o' Shanter = "Reminds me of Grandpa."

hmm... Is Wallace or Mactusk Webber's grandpa?

When he inspects the alchemy engine refers it father, something like "my father used to work in something like this" or something

When he inspects the alchemy engine refers it father, something like "my father used to work in something like this" or something

Well I'm to bet that Webber's family has a huge part in the back story.

You can befriend multiple spiders with 1 monster meat. When you feed a spider, there appears to be a range where any spider near is automatically befriended.

In case some of you don't know already (It's well known by now), on the steam store page, Webber is described as a boy who is trapped inside of a spider that ate him.

You can befriend multiple spiders with 1 monster meat. When you feed a spider, there appears to be a range where any spider near is automatically befriended.

This actually happened to me multiple times when i was testing, but i thought it simply either was a temporary follower and was nothing to mention, or was only going to happen while i was near where that spider was.

As for him being eaten, yeah i know that already, but this is mainly about gameplay things. Also i can just imagine his reaction to a slurper...

So how long does Webber's beard take to grow? Same as Wilson's? Longer? Shorter? Kinda hope shorter, so it's more practical than killing spiders to get silk.

Seems to be around the same as Wilson. he has a fully grown beard at day 16. (Gives you 6 silk for shaving it)

EDIT ALERT: Yep, same as wilson. Started growing beard at day 6.

His maxwell statue quote suggests he probably asked for help to do something about his "spider friend"

That is true, but why would he need Maxwell's help in the first place? And before you say "he was merged or eaten by a spider," how did the spider that encounter the child now known as Webber when those spiders exist in another world? Unless he needed help about something else.

That is true, but why would he need Maxwell's help in the first place? And before you say "he was merged or eaten by a spider," how did the spider that encounter the child now known as Webber when those spiders exist in another world? Unless he needed help about something else.

Maybe maxwell's door was already built for some reason, and the spider came out of there.

Maybe maxwell's door was already built for some reason, and the spider came out of there.

Fair enough, but who built it and why? Most importantly, where did Webber find it or how did the spider get to him? I don't know about you, but Maxwell's door wouldn't be something that I would build out in the open.

Fair enough, but who built it and why? Most importantly, where did Webber find it or how did the spider get to him? I don't know about you, but Maxwell's door wouldn't be something that I would build out in the open.

That is why i said "for some reason". But depending on where Webber used to live, the spider could of traveled a fair bit.

Archived