Suggestion for swamps.

I was thinking that the giant tentipillar from the caves could appear in the swamp if you kill to many tenticles since they are not renewable. Like it was seeking vengence for the death of its babys. Could possible destroy structures.

Would fit with this DLC's them of giants. Just a thought.

yea it sucks when they're gone )=

Yeah. Installing this mod that aids renewability of stuff that isn't renewable. I really hate a dying world. I don't want my world to wither away into something uneventful and boring, where only the sun shines on my dehydrated forehead, and the frost bites at my toes. What a world of melancholy, I say. What a world I want to see only for the last time.

But seriously, when a world in Don't Starve loses all of its non-renewables, it really does become hauntingly silent - and dull. 

I really like this idea, so much that I may even implement it.

Would it only be dependent on tentacles the player killed, or all tentacles killed? Maybe when there are no more tentacles, these start appearing?

Really good!

Probs just tentacles killed - since they can all practically die to Merms or Tier 3 Spider dwellings. I think the idea is to keep up the population rather than trigger something interesting as a result of player action? Yeah, OP said 'because they're non-renewable'. There ya have it. 

\

Probs just tentacles killed - since they can all practically die to Merms or Tier 3 Spider dwellings. I think the idea is to keep up the population rather than trigger something interesting as a result of player action? Yeah, OP said 'because they're non-renewable'. There ya have it. 

I was sort of thinking both actually. Keep up tentacle population but as make something interesting that happens not just as a result of player action but as a result of all the actions in a developing world.

Some of my favorite moments in playing the game were when one occurrence lead to another that was more drastic.

When lightening or your own fire burns down a forest for one. When I brought up some rock lobsters to the surface and they wiped out most of the Beefalo for another. When you unplug a sinkhole and release the Batilisks for another. Even how spider spread if you don't kill them sorta fits into this type of thing that adds sooo much to the game.

\

I was sort of thinking both actually. Keep up tentacle population but as make something interesting that happens not just as a result of player action but as a result of all the actions in a developing world.

Some of my favorite moments in playing the game were when one occurrence lead to another that was more drastic.

When lightening or your own fire burns down a forest for one. When I brought up some rock lobsters to the surface and they wiped out most of the Beefalo for another. When you unplug a sinkhole and release the Batilisks for another. Even how spider spread if you don't kill them sorta fits into this type of thing that adds sooo much to the game.

It was my understanding that the tentapillar only spawns temporary tentacles when it is attacked, not permanent ones. So I am not sure it would keep up the tentacle population (although the tentapillar would now be present and we could make it spawn permanent tentacles in it's vicinity). Also, would they respawn as they do below ground when killed?

If you just want population spread, try my Nature's Wild mod which adds a spawner for almost everything in the game.

Archived