A few suggestions :)

#1. Rowboats, islands and sea monsters.

#2. More and tougher trophies on the PS4 version - It's a small game but still big, but you can finish them all pretty quick. Maybe a trophy for surviving an entire year (365 in-game days)? Or taking down all the giants?

#3. Recipe book for discovered crock pot recipes, you should not need to rely on a wiki.

#4. More balanced characters, people tend to favor a few.

#5. More random events, I want to be more surprised by what I encounter in the wild. Most of the time I know what I'm looking for and that's exactly what i get.

#6. Bow and arrow or a slingshot and rocks. Maybe you can throw rocks?  

#7. A permanent or rechargeable stationary light source? Has to be hard to make though. Nothing worse then dying close to your base because you forgot to bring a light source.

#8. Tents should not have a numbered amount of uses, it just don't make sense.

#9. Personal map markers, charcoal and wood to make a pencil.

#10. Fences for my garden and not just walls. *shakes in anger at those gobblers*

#11. Yeti's at winter, bigfoot in summer/spring. Bigfoot might have been introduced, I play on PS4 so I don't know.

#12. A haunted house/cottage, with ghost's inside.

If anyone from Klei reads this, greetings from Norway, thanks for reading and for an awesome game. Also, will there be more DLC's other then Reign of giants?

1: There already are islands, they're just rare. 

2: The trophies are mostly jokes; Klei has always disliked the idea of achievements for Don't Starve.

3: Just remember the recipes.

4: The characters aren't unbalanced; some people play differently than others is all.

5: This is a good idea.

6: Bows are too mainstream; slingshots have gained lukewarm enthusiasm.

7: The lightning rod can be used as a light source for a total of 3 days or so after being struck.  An infinite light source is way, way too OP.

8: Why doesn't it make sense?  It's made of silk and it's in an extremely hostile environment.  Of course it's going to deteriorate.

9: Don't Starve is a video game, not an art program.

10: Why not just walls?

11: Again, too mainstream.

12: Still too mainstream.

It just seems like the development team wanted to keep the game unique... A yeti for example is a well known myth but deerclops is a completely new idea. Why take a step back from their creativity with something that already exists in myth? (Yes this argument falls short with Krampus but prior to watching the tv show grimm I didn't know this was a myth)

I do agree that we could use a summer time equivalent which from what I have seen online we will get in the rog dlc.

As for markers you have so many ways to mark areas you just gotta think up how you want to tell the difference between areas... for worm holes I place the number of signs beside both of the connected worm holes so if I forget I know which one will take me where.

Recipes are harder to memorize just be cuz of priority levels, that said when in doubt there is an app for ccrockpots simulation that's helpful if it's crucial to have something specific

Yeah I agree. Who cares if it's mainsteam, if it improves the game.

This is the kind of thinking that kills me inside.  If your game contains tons of unique elements that nobody's ever seen before, and you throw in "cod nazi zombis wth snipr rifls and multiplyr", on the thought that it will improve the game's connections with FPS players, what will the longtime players think?  They might gain a few FPS fans, but they'll loose everyone else.  You don't ruin a player's immersion in the game because the new additions might "improve it". 

#2. More and tougher trophies on the PS4 version - It's a small game but still big, but you can finish them all pretty quick. Maybe a trophy for surviving an entire year (365 in-game days)? Or taking down all the giants?

#3. Recipe book for discovered crock pot recipes, you should not need to rely on a wiki.

#5. More random events, I want to be more surprised by what I encounter in the wild. Most of the time I know what I'm looking for and that's exactly what i get.

#7. A permanent or rechargeable stationary light source? Has to be hard to make though. Nothing worse then dying close to your base because you forgot to bring a light source.

#10. Fences for my garden and not just walls. *shakes in anger at those gobblers*

#11. Yeti's at winter, bigfoot in summer/spring. Bigfoot might have been introduced, I play on PS4 so I don't know.

If anyone from Klei reads this, greetings from Norway, thanks for reading and for an awesome game. Also, will there be more DLC's other then Reign of giants?

1. There are already islands that you get to with the Worm Holes. But I would like the idea of more sea exploration.

2. Screw trophies. Just screw em.

3. I don't see why not.

4. Every character is meant for a different playstyle, so it makes sense that most people only like a few characters. This also makes playing as a randomly chosen character more entertaining.

5. Yes please. There's a couple threads started by me recently which concern this, you should check them out.

6. I would like bows, but not slingshots. The reason that all the ranged weapons are mid-game are because you (mostly) need them to hunt Koalefants. But I support bows as a weapon in between the Boomerang (which is useless against large amounts of enemies) and the Blowdarts (Which are hard to get the supplies for)

7. I hate dying from the Grue as much as you do, but a permanent light source isn't the answer.

8. Balance > realism.

9. Signs are for map markers. I would like a charcoal pencil though. Maybe anything Wolfgang writes down gets put through a "idiot speech" filter.

10. Why not walls?

11. What would the yetis do?

12. I don't think a "house" would really work, so how about a randomly-spawning camp with a fire pit, stone walls, and wooden flooring?

This is the kind of thinking that kills me inside.  If your game contains tons of unique elements that nobody's ever seen before, and you throw in "cod nazi zombis wth snipr rifls and multiplyr", on the thought that it will improve the game's connections with FPS players, what will the longtime players think?  They might gain a few FPS fans, but they'll loose everyone else.  You don't ruin a player's immersion in the game because the new additions might "improve it". 

This was almost completely unrelated to what Harken said.

#1. There are islands, which can be acessed with wormholes.

#2. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

#3. I have no idea whether this would be good or pointless.

#4. I prefer more creative, unorthodox characters.

#5. More natural disasters and events.

#6. There's a mod for that.

#7. Firepit?

#8. Have you ever used a flimsy tent made from glorified cobwebs and twigs?

#9. Perhaps not a pencil, but yes, something to differentiate markers.

#10. Don't care either way.

#11. The giants general designs were already introduced.

#12. Again, there's a mod for that.

Thanks for all the replies and tips, except for yours Lord_Battal, your obviously a know-it-all and spend way too much time on this forum. I've never claimed my idea's where particularity good and in retrospect I understand that some of these idea's were exactly that : not good.

I do however still wish for more sea exploration and a boat and a island biome on said islands. More trophies (I know many of you hate them, but not everybody does, still there should be room and tolerance for both our kinds) And I would like to see a recipe book, maybe like a category implemented when you approach the crock pot. Last up : random events.

I do however still wish for more sea exploration and a boat and a island biome on said islands. More trophies (I know many of you hate them, but not everybody does, still there should be room and tolerance for both our kinds) And I would like to see a recipe book, maybe like a category implemented when you approach the crock pot. Last up : random events.

For me, it's not that I hate trophies/achievements (though I don't care for them at all), it's that the devs specifically said, like multiplayer, they don't want them. If a group of developers specifically say they don't want to implement something, there's no point in fighting it, especially if it's something so inconsequential.

When I first began playing, I totally agreed! now I feel like rowboats would ruin the exploration, and sea monsters would be OP and too generic. islands do occasionally form though!

#2. More and tougher trophies on the PS4 version

I'm not invested in trophies personally, I really love the game and will play without them. Klei has stated they don't want set achievements, so it seems that trophies for PS4 were only to accommodate Sony. The trophies you guys get are pretty much the same as what Steam/PC players get by playing in the game, with a few small additions that are specific to PS4. If Klei stands firm, doesn't bother me, but if they add more, make sure it crosses over to Steam/PC in some form or another.

This would be a handy menu, for sure... I don't feel it's a necessity since other players have filled out the wiki (and created a separate tool), but it could be cool to have as long as the option didn't interfere too much with gameplay.

Can you expand on this? I like the imbalance myself. Each characyer provides a different strength/weakness, forcing me to adjust my play style, all of which keeps the game fresh to me.

Agreed. But then again, there's a base game, and there's DLC (in beta currently). Perhaps more DLC? Yeah Klei, yeah?

This could be fun, for sure! But they'd need to ramp up mobs and/or HP on mobs/monsters to accommodate our newfound strengths =)

Too OP to me. The game is "uncompromising", so it makes us work for survival at all times. A permanent light source doesn't just tone down, but actually eradicates the strongest and deadliest sources of death.

I feel like it should have finite uses, again, going back to that "uncompromising" thing... there shouldn't be a 100% "fix" for anything. No opinion one way or the other about the number of times it can be used though.

Agreed, some sort of markers! However, we can work-around this with craftable structures that appear on the map. A common thing people seem to do is use signs or traps. For example, drop one sign at a wormhole and jump in, then drop one sign where you came out. New wormhole, drop two at the entrance and two at the exit. Etc.

Again, uncompromising. There are other ways to defeat gobblers that venture too close to your gardens and shrubbery...

This is super-fun, and in a way, part of the DLC. Among other things, there will be new boss monsters introduced each season.

Interesting! If eel like if the devs created it, it would need to be a set piece and randomly generated, not fixed. Alternately, someone could create a mod for this.

#1. There are islands, which can be acessed with wormholes.

#2. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

#3. I have no idea whether this would be good or pointless.

#4. I prefer more creative, unorthodox characters.

#5. More natural disasters and events.

#6. There's a mod for that.

#7. Firepit?

#8. Have you ever used a flimsy tent made from glorified cobwebs and twigs?

#9. Perhaps not a pencil, but yes, something to differentiate markers.

#10. Don't care either way.

#11. The giants general designs were already introduced.

#12. Again, there's a mod for that.

"There's a mod for that" has never been an excuse for anything.

Archived