Instantly lost health as a result of wet

I don't really understand what you mean. But, if you were playing WX, thats supposed to happen. Rainwater is supposed to be cold, if you were not playing WX, then you must be pretty dang cold to instantly take damage.

Unless you mean like giving you time to get warm or something before it freezes you.

He's saying there's no warning when you get too wet and start freezing.  As soon as you're that wet, you instantly are taking damage, as opposed to winter were you get a warning or two of frost rime before you start taking damage.  I see his point, but in all fairness there is wetness meter which shows how wet you are.  It's not like you have NO warning.

He's saying there's no warning when you get too wet and start freezing.  As soon as you're that wet, you instantly are taking damage, as opposed to winter were you get a warning or two of frost rime before you start taking damage.  I see his point, but in all fairness there is wetness meter which shows how wet you are.  It's not like you have NO warning.

That's not an accurate gauge, though.  I have had times where I was soaked and didn't freeze.  In my most recent play, I was barely wet, but started instantly freezing.  There's more to it than simply wetness.  I believe the temperature of your character and/or the ambient temperature work with the wetness to determine when it hits.  I suspect the reason I didn't freeze before, but began freezing this time was that it was the last day of Autumn, which means the ambient temp, and likely character temp, was lower.  Even knowing the day, it caught me off guard since my wetness was low, none of my items showed as wet, and I had a full beard.

There is something of a warning, but it's only noticable if you're standing still.  If your character temp is too low from wetness, your character shivers.  This animation doesn't play, however, if your character is moving.  Since I  had been harvesting farms and headed right back to camp afterward, I didn't idle and so didn't get this animation.  Personally, I'd like to see the same warning frosts as when freezing from winter temps, as well.

I assume this is why I started freezing on the first few days of play?  Ach.  I don't like that AT ALL.  It's a mad-cap rush to get warm weather clothes as fast as humanely possible.  Not good.  Water is _not_ deadly unless it's wintery cold.  I hate the idea that in spring we have to have umbrellas or die.  How can we cut wood or anything now?  I hope they do not intend on keeping deadly warm weather showers.  :( 

I assume this is why I started freezing on the first few days of play?  Ach.  I don't like that AT ALL.  It's a mad-cap rush to get warm weather clothes as fast as humanely possible.  Not good.  Water is _not_ deadly unless it's wintery cold.  I hate the idea that in spring we have to have umbrellas or die.  How can we cut wood or anything now?  I hope they do not intend on keeping deadly warm weather showers.   :(

Assuming you're fairly new to RoG, it's worth noting you can choose whether to start in spring or fall.  Rain isn't such a problem in fall.  You should be able to manage well with a pretty parasol and straw hat in the beginning.  Later, I just have a rain hat and umbrella in chester.  The rain hat will protect you well enough in all but the absolute downpour.  Umbrella plus anything else will offer total protection.   It's no so much important to get warm weather clothes, as it is to get rain mitigating items.

Archived