Summer only bird and season hounds

It would be cool if you could Find a summer bird or tropicalbird in the summer like a counter part of the snowbird. And also i noticed that the firehounds spawn in spring summer and autumn and the icehounds only in winter, maybe you could even it out or (hoping..)make a autumn and spring hounds :) like u Guys aren't busy enough:p

In Spring could be a yellow hound, may be that has a chance of dropping yellow gem! Lightning style!

But you can't use yellow gem to craft anything with the 4 craftable machines, you need ancient altar to use it.

I feel like making fire hounds the summer hound would make more sense, since fire is the big threat that season.

What about a yellow hound for autumn and a green hound for spring? The Green hound could spawn a lureplant when it dies, the yellow could target electrical structures (lightning rod or anything made with electrical doodads or gears) as well as the player, making it a threat to your base but in a different way to how a red hound is.

But you can't use yellow gem to craft anything with the 4 craftable machines, you need ancient altar to use it.

And? That doesn't mean they shouldn't drop them. Besides what are the chances that they will actually drop them? 1%? Plus I think that they should drop them because there is an even less chance of mining them and being dropped by underground earthquakes. With blue, red and yellow gem practically you could refine any other gem, which btw I suggest is added to the game. We already have:

Red + Blue = Purple

So why not have:

Blue + Yellow = Green

Red + Yellow = Orange

That way with hounds around through the seasons you could get all three gems, and then go into caves for recipes, because it's kind of hard to go around caves for really long time to find sink hole to second underground floor and before that look for the three gems (yellow, orange, green).

If I only got one red gem from an earthquake and never again have seen another gem falling then what are the chances of getting all the ancient gems for crafting? Really low!

I know it's fun to think of new types of hounds, but honestly, Klei doesn't have time for that. However, due to the extremely destructive nature of fire in RoG. I think hound attacks ought to be toned down to Spring/Autumn regular only, Summer fire and regular only, and Winter ice and regular only. 3 seasons of fire hounds is just to risky, especially with the larger packs

And? That doesn't mean they shouldn't drop them. Besides what are the chances that they will actually drop them? 1%? Plus I think that they should drop them because there is an even less chance of mining them and being dropped by underground earthquakes. With blue, red and yellow gem practically you could refine any other gem, which btw I suggest is added to the game. We already have:

Red + Blue = Purple

So why not have:

Blue + Yellow = Green

Red + Yellow = Orange

That way with hounds around through the seasons you could get all three gems, and then go into caves for recipes, because it's kind of hard to go around caves for really long time to find sink hole to second underground floor and before that look for the three gems (yellow, orange, green).

If I only got one red gem from an earthquake and never again have seen another gem falling then what are the chances of getting all the ancient gems for crafting? Really low!

The purple gem recipe exists only because otherwise the only way to get them would be to defeat clockworks, which would severely limit ones magic usage (which, magic is almost required to defeat said clockwork, since getting close to it without getting destroyed by the other clockworks is all buy impossible) adding the others would just make there be even less of a reason to try your luck at the caves.

The purple gem recipe exists only because otherwise the only way to get them would be to defeat clockworks, which would severely limit ones magic usage (which, magic is almost required to defeat said clockwork, since getting close to it without getting destroyed by the other clockworks is all buy impossible) adding the others would just make there be even less of a reason to try your luck at the caves.

Meh. I'd want to refine more and have Yellow hounds that drop yellow gems at a chance.

Meh. I'd want to refine more and have Yellow hounds that drop yellow gems at a chance.

Yellow hounds dropping yellow gems, those yellow hounds better either have a very low drop rate or be really hard to kill

but not refining

I know it's fun to think of new types of hounds, but honestly, Klei doesn't have time for that.

I'll have to agree, they're constantly swamped with work, but it doesn't hurt to suggest. If they really want the idea then they can shortlist it. Also if we thresh out a ton of aspects surrounding the idea then all they need to do is the code and art. That or a modder will pick it up  :wilson_laugh:

Archived