Can Forest Fires (and other events) Happen When You Are Not Present?

If something starts smoldering and you don't notice, and leave, that thing will burn, but I don't think it spreads.  This is based off an experience with a forest pig house, which was right next to a tree and didn't catch the tree after I ran away.    I don't think will start to smoulder if you're not in the immediate area.

If you are not near your base, then fires don't start.

And if you are not near pig villages, those are safe too.

You really only need to worry about what is on your screen while you are walking around, and listen for the sound while at your base. Things just a bit off screen ignite and spread, but when you are adventuring its not going to spread if you keep moving.

On a somewhat related note, does anybody know if a deerclop will stil smash my stuff if I'm not around my base ? Can I just flee to a second base I made before hand or go nomad untill the end of winter to keep my stuff safe ?

He did to me once. But that was updates and updates ago, so it might have changed. If you wormhole before he quits breathing so heavy he will appear on that side of the worm hole, allowing you to jump back in and leave him.

But wouldn't you rather fight? :)

He did to me once. But that was updates and updates ago, so it might have changed. If you wormhole before he quits breathing so heavy he will appear on that side of the worm hole, allowing you to jump back in and leave him.

But wouldn't you rather fight? :-)

Lol, last time I fought him, it was as Wigfrid, he destroyed my whole base and the whole pig village I was close to in the process... So i'd rather not... Besides the reward for killing is quite a letdown considering how much you risk your life in the process.

It's kinda hard to fight him by day 30. I know you can kite him, but he hits hard and freezes you and I find he's a lot harder to kite than Treegards and Spider Queens. I'm playing as Maxwell right now and the bad guy spawned and killed me ! I respawned at a touch stone and nearly froze to get back to base. I'm afraid he's gonna come for me BUT I have a pan flute, 9 tooth traps and 3 gunpower so I should be able to manage him if he does.

Lol, last time I fought him, it was as Wigfrid, he destroyed my whole base and the whole pig village I was close to in the process... So i'd rather not... Besides the reward for killing is quite a letdown considering how much you risk your life in the process.

It's kinda hard to fight him by day 30. I know you can kite him, but he hits hard and freezes you and I find he's a lot harder to kite than Treegards and Spider Queens. I'm playing as Maxwell right now and the bad guy spawned and killed me ! I respawned at a touch stone and nearly froze to get back to base. I'm afraid he's gonna come for me BUT I have a pan flute, 9 tooth traps and 3 gunpower so I should be able to manage him if he does.

20 blowdarts work pretty good. Gun powder does too, but I fear losing that eye.

20 blowdarts work pretty good. Gun powder does too, but I fear losing that eye.

I guess, but how am I supposed to get the hound tooth for blow darts ? I think they are way too hard to make and are tedious and boring to farm for. I'd rather make 20 tooth trap to help me in the fight than 20 blow dart. Also, by day 30, having a sufficient amount of either rotten eggs or hound tooth for the fight is really difficult unless you focuss solely on that

I guess, but how am I supposed to get the hound tooth for blow darts ? I think they are way too hard to make and are tedious and boring to farm for. I'd rather make 20 tooth trap to help me in the fight than 20 blow dart. Also, by day 30, having a sufficient amount of either rotten eggs or hound tooth for the fight is really difficult unless you focuss solely on that

I've been noticing less frequent hound waves but more desert biomes spawning with hound mounds (often around the only source of gold, grrr!).  So it's easier to find hounds to hunt for teeth.

I've been noticing less frequent hound waves but more desert biomes spawning with hound mounds (often around the only source of gold, grrr!).  So it's easier to find hounds to hunt for teeth.

Yeah I know. But the drop rate is 12,5% on regular hounds for tooth. That means you'd have to kill a huge amount of hounds to make enough darts. Also, if you destroy the mounts, you get instant 3 tooth but make the ressource even harder to get in the long run !

Yeah I know. But the drop rate is 12,5% on regular hounds for tooth. That means you'd have to kill a -snip- of hounds to make enough darts. Also, if you destroy the mounts, you get instant 3 tooth but make the ressource even harder to get in the long run !

Keep the language family-friendly on these boards, please.

I can never locate Deerclops when he spawns on the map. I once heard him but because long after I realized it takes time for him to get to you/spawn, so it was stupid of me to spawn the deerclops and thinking it's a bug that he didn't spawn (he just didn't spawn yet). But anyway I died when I spawned him, but I don't care.

So what I'm trying to say is that we should be able to see Deerclops on the map, just like Glommer, when he comes because sometimes I run away from him and when I'm ready to fight again/lead him to something else to attack, such as tentacles (lol, rebel) it takes hell of a lot of time to find him again, which is a draaag.

Archived