Deerclops Rage Extravaganza

So there goes my first run of RoG,

on day 68 a Deerclops appears, moaning and groaing and doing his stuff. I got used to just letting myself be killed by this bumhole and enjoy a calmed Deelops and 2-3 destroyed buildings afterwards. Not so in this game:

The Deerclops destroyed EVERY SINGLE BUILDING in my base while i died 3 times trying to calm him down. One Meat Effigy and two Touchstomes down, there goes the score. (At Least i unlocked Winfred :D)

Since when are Deerclops's that aggressive? Or might this be a Bug?

Seriously, I managed to take mine down with Wigfrid, the help of a thousand pigs and a pan flute but my whole base got wrecked and the whole pig village too in the process !

I honestly don't know how to prepare for him. If I just run off to a second base when he spawns, will he stil destroy my stuff ? I've had him on day 32-34 on two seperate games and eveytime he wrecks chaos that take me days to barely patch up. The only feasable strategy I can think off is rushing gunpowder and making as much of the stuff as possible with sleeping darts. Get him to sleep and blow his face off. Other than that and running away, I've got nothing. But making at least 9 gunpowder and 4 sleep dart by day 30 is kinda hard and you'd waste a lot of energy on that.

I like the new challenge ! I fear that having giants as strong as the deerclops spawning every 20 days will be impossible to counter. Can't wait to see how Klei will balance that

I have not seen him in my RoG game yet he didnt come to say hello this winter but what i do is just make small base away from a main one with only a fire icebox and some chests. Anything inportant to me get left at my base :)

I've encountered him on both of my runs, and honestly never had too much of a problem with him. First time, with Wolfgang, I had to punch him a couple of times so he'd stop walking towards my base, I really didn't want him to be there. So I guided him towards the treeguards, and they began to beat the **** out of each other. At the end of it, after a few spiders spoke their mind aswell, I just hit him once with a spear and he died. Was fun.

Second time, with Maxwell, I managed to make him spawn away from my base in the beefalo field. I tried to get a level 3 spider den to pop and then get the queen and Deery to beat each other. But that didn't happen. Instead, after killing a bunch of spiders who attacked him, Deery just pacified and walked up and down. I really wanted his eye though, because my end goal on that run is to get a Houndious Shootious, so I went in, tried to aggro some Beefalo onto him, but he just smashed an entire herd in two hits, and since they were frozen half the time, they didn't manage to do much damage. In the end, I just had to run back and forth and kill him with my spear.

Archived