Autumn's Danger

There is no need to prepare. Right now autumn is just boring. Hope this will change with the giants.

For newbs, Autumn start is a good time for them to learn the ropes.  I feel like the experienced people here forget that this game presents a pretty steep learning curve for newbs.  Autumn is really about them, imo.

Lets see how would you like to be soaked to the bone while only having pretty parasol, or turned in to ice cube while trying to warm yourself up, o being burned in to ashes, without a chance to cool yourself down

Right now I have no problem at surviving the seasons. So you won't see that. ;)

For newbs, Autumn start is a good time for them to learn the ropes.  I feel like the experienced people here forget that this game presents a pretty steep learning curve for newbs.  Autumn is really about them, imo.

Autumn still can be an easy season like spring. But right now there is just nothing happening, it's just boring. After the new players learned the game they will also think that autumn is like a walk in the park.

And if someone is new, there is still an option to turn RoG off until they learned good strategies to survive. So there is still an option to learn the game on the easy way and play RoG with more experience.

It would be cool if autumn could be an interesting season with some challenges, too.

Autumn still can be an easy season like spring. But right now there is just nothing happening, it's just boring. After the new players learned the game they will also think that autumn is like a walk in the park.

And if someone is new, there is still an option to turn RotG off until they learned good strategies to survive. So there is still an option to learn the game on the easy way and play RotG with more experience.

For me, autumn is caving season.  Or at least it will be after these cave related bugs I keep reading about are ironed out.

I guess maybe other people operate differently, but if I buy a game that's been out for awhile and has dlc, I buy it all and play it that way.  Assuming of course the dlc sounds like it has substance and is not just fluff.  Why would I want to waste time playing an inferior version of the game?

RoG isn't for newbs

A) Klei has never said that

B) If they start in fall, and fall is fairly tame as it is now, then there's no reason it cannot be.   

C) They will not know if RoG is "not for them" if they're truely newbs and Klei probably does not want to alienate potential customers

A) Klei has never said that

B) If they start in fall, and fall is fairly tame as it is now, then there's no reason it cannot be.   

C) They will not know if RoG is "not for them" if they're truely newbs and Klei probably does not want to alienate potential customers

A) I agree but increased difficulty to an already hard (at first) game seems to be the theme of RoG

B) Noted

C) You're probably right

Archived