New generation type! Islands/archipelago

I'd love to see a islands generation with wormholes or even something better, have boats that acts like wormholes...we could find 1 boat per island that teleports to another in the same way a wormhole does "same animation for work sake"

2nd idea is, having islands again, but with independant temperature "if possible"
Just imagine having a world with a desert island and a winter island, it could have like some big islands with standard temperatures and some islands with pre-set temperatures. I would really love something like that.

"this idea is kinda an expansion on my previous topic about deserts"

Any devs would care to tell me if it's not possible?

Thanks XD

Ha, just commented in your other thread too!

I feel like the boats wouldn't add much, personally. Since we already have wormholes to travel, adding another structure or entity for travel means a lot of configuration and character bonus/nerfs without any additional gain (and by "gain" I mean "challenge").

I recall Klei saying that they didn't make any updates to Adventure Mode with the DLC, but I'm not sure where the post is (hopefully someone can jump in here after me and post it). Although I mentioned in the other thread that it could be tough to implement in the regular/vanilla game, I really love the idea of adding temperature-biomes in fixed map-gens like Adventure Mode, and feel like that could be an easier undertaking for devs. Maybe DLC 2.0?

Ha, just commented in your other thread too!

I feel like the boats wouldn't add much, personally. Since we already have wormholes to travel, adding another structure or entity for travel means a lot of configuration and character bonus/nerfs without any additional gain (and by "gain" I mean "challenge").

I recall Klei saying that they didn't make any updates to Adventure Mode with the DLC, but I'm not sure where the post is (hopefully someone can jump in here after me and post it). Although I mentioned in the other thread that it could be tough to implement in the regular/vanilla game, I really love the idea of adding temperature-biomes in fixed map-gens like Adventure Mode, and feel like that could be an easier undertaking for devs. Maybe DLC 2.0?

haha, you're the only one that replied yet, but on both threads XD

the boat thing would be the exact same thing as the wormhole, so no more coding for the devs, only make a texture and it's done.

I also think that it's probably impossible to make weather fixed biomes but we never know!

Archived