Funny thing

just fyi first post :)...anyway, been playing for a couple days now and it just occurred to me that i have never died due to starvation.. mostly die from what i think of being routine such as clearing out a spiders nest.. done it tons of times, but since i think it is so easy.. seems that is when i die the most..

anyway just saying hi, great game so far devs... looking forward to surviving longer than 6 days

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Keep in mind that you can always get help from the pigmen to do this "routine" job. Just give them some meat and they will follow you around, helping you on attacking targets and chopping trees.

You can always wear a safety Logsuit or Football Helmet for extra protection against foes!

Enjoy the game!

Good luck.

Hello. I doubt the game is called Don't Starve because the devs wanted us to die from hunger all the time, I think it's because it identifies it as a survival game in two words. Since "Don't Get Eaten By [Dogs/Treeguards/Tentacles/etc]" is a little too long.

@ A Bad Feeling,, ty did not know about the pigmen.. defiantly helps out.. died today tho after 23 days did not realize how strong those tentical things are!!! also just found out by accident that if you put food down when dogs attack they will eat first distracting them while you hit them.. its cool discovering new things to help you.. specially when you dont mean to.. can hardly wait for the new patch

Hey Airdale.

You are welcome ;)

Tentacles are indeed deadly beings, but you can also creatively use them to your favor! When enemies are chasing you get to the swamps and eventually a tentacle will attack them, causing them to attack it back (and probably die!). You can also get Pigmen to follow you and use the tentacle to slaughter them, so you can get the loot.

You can always craft blowing darts to put the hounds to sleep.

Discovering the game is indeed a delicious process. Enjoy it :D