Achievements please

with achievements it will be perfect.

Why? Achievements per se aren't adding anything to the game. Everything you do to get an achievement you can do without the achievement, too. You say without an achievement it wouldn't make sense to do it. I say with an achievement it wouldn't make a single bit more sense either. ^^

Achievements for Don't Starve

Turn the game on: Achievement!

Find the options menu: Achievement!

Adjust the sound: Achievement!

Turn the game off: Achievement!

Pick a sapling: Achievement!

Kill a spider: Achievement!

Make a Science Machine: Achievement!

Unlock Willow: Achievement!

Achievements for Don't Starve

Turn the game on: Achievement!

Find the options menu: Achievement!

Adjust the sound: Achievement!

Turn the game off: Achievement!

Pick a sapling: Achievement!

Kill a spider: Achievement!

Make a Science Machine: Achievement!

Unlock Willow: Achievement!

And don't forget these:

Die: Achievement!

Register on the forums: Achievement!

Multiplayer suggestion: Super Annoying Achievement!

if you do not like achievements, do not try to get them, but not kill people who prefer a game with achievements

I'm not ''anti achievements'' in general but I think not every game needs them and they definitely have no impact on the quality of a game whatsoever. So I just can't think of any achievements that would be of meaning.

If you do something only for an achievement and won't do it otherwise there is something ''wrong'' with the game.

What kind of achievement are you thinking of?

if you do not like achievements, do not try to get them, but not kill people who prefer a game with achievements

Other than the ones that are just saying No, we're telling you that they won't be added and that the devs despise them. You can want them all you want, but those are the facts (unless Steam miraculously changes their policy to that of Playstation's and forced devs to add them)

Other than the ones that are just saying No, we're telling you that they won't be added and that the devs despise them. You can want them all you want, but those are the facts (unless Steam miraculously changes their policy to that of Playstation's and forced devs to add them)

how about responding to this "suggestions" thread with some maturity, is that too hard to ask?

This really annoys me how people on these forums jump down the throats of others that suggest MP or achievements. No reason not to act civil and respond accordingly.

I'm not for or against this idea, it has been stated by the devs that they are not on board for the achievement system for the pc version of this game, hence the joke towards the PS version.

According to Dev posts, MP and achievements will probably never be added to the PC version of DS.

how about responding to this "suggestions" thread with some maturity, is that too hard to ask?

This really annoys me how people on these forums jump down the throats of others that suggest MP or achievements. No reason not to act civil and respond accordingly.

I'm not for or against this idea, it has been stated by the devs that they are not on board for the achievement system for the pc version of this game, hence the joke towards the PS version.

According to Dev posts, MP and achievements will probably never be added to the PC version of DS.

Are you saying that I've replied in an immature manner? Just typing different "forms" of "No" isn't the most mature thing. Luckily, I explained myself, so I hope you aren't referring to me just because you quoted me.

Achievements are generally set to give the player an idea of what he needs to do next.

Thats the opposite of don't starve, in which the devs dont want to restrict your freedom at all, they dont want to give you imposed objectives, they want you to play and experience the game in your own way.

Are you saying that I've replied in an immature manner? Just typing different "forms" of "No" isn't the most mature thing. Luckily, I explained myself, so I hope you aren't referring to me just because you quoted me.

You refer to the OP as "trolly" in your first post, .... that's immature. How about explaining the Devs views on the topic in a straightforward manner...

Others in the thread attack(passive agg or indirectly)  the OP for "suggesting" something in the "suggestions" thread, great way to welcome new forum members...

You refer to the OP as "trolly" in your first post, .... that's immature. How about explaining the Devs views on the topic in a straightforward manner...

Others in the thread attack(passive agg or indirectly)  the OP for "suggesting" something in the "suggestions" thread, great way to welcome new forum members...

Suspecting someone of being a troll is not immature, you just don't like it. There's a difference. You're hounding someone for hounding someone else even though that "someone else" is being helpful. After all, you did just reiterate what I said already.

The devs do not like achievements. Play the PS4 version for proof.

In summary, lighten up.

Suspecting someone of being a troll is not immature, you just don't like it. There's a difference. It's like, I'm going to hound someone for hounding someone else even though that "someone else" is being helpful.

I'm sorry, but suspecting someone of being a troll for posting a legit suggestion (in the suggestion area), is trolling in itself. Your comment was neither helpful nor progressive for the topic. As I said, a GREAT way to welcome new posters to the forums...

I'm sorry, but suspecting someone of being a troll for posting a legit suggestion (in the suggestion area), is trolling in itself. Your comment was neither helpful nor progressive for the topic. As I said, a GREAT way to welcome new posters to the forums...

It wasn't the suggestion, it was the presentation of such. Look at it this way: Even though I questioned the legitimacy of the thread, I answered his question. and since your part of the on-topic discussion was just repeating what I already said, you did a great job of contributing nothing to this thread, yourself... if you want us to start peer-reviewing members' responses.

Perhaps you're just having a bad day, but looking for things to get mad at or being offended on others people's behalf is silly.

It wasn't the suggestion, it was the presentation of such. and since your part of the on-topic discussion was just repeating what I already said, you did a great job of contributing nothing to this thread.

Being offended on others peoples behalf is silly.

and you did?

But you see, I did it in a much more civil manner than you presented, I did not attack him , calling him "trolly", I did not speak with a condescending attitude, there is a difference and I'm sorry if you can not see that.

Let us act Juvenile as you have an attack all the new forum members for suggesting things in the suggestion area.

and you did?

But you see, I did it in a much more civil manner than you presented, I did not attack him , calling him "trolly", I did not speak with a condescending attitude, there is a difference and I'm sorry if you can not see that.

Let us act Juvenile as you have an attack all the new forum members for suggesting things in the suggestion area.

You're reading too much into it. Have you ever found yourself guilty of that before? There was no attacking. It's all in your head, kraken121. As the saying goes - The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

I hate retail because I have to talk to a lot of people that baffle me even more. There have even been older women who are offended by being called "ma'am" (and visa versa).

You're reading too much into it. Have you ever found yourself guilty of that before? There was no attacking. It's all in your head, kraken121. As the saying goes - The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

I hate retail because I have to talk to a lot of people that baffle me even more. There have even been older women who are offended by being called "ma'am" (and visa versa).

No, I don't think I have, maybe your xp in retail has jaded you.

If you encountered someone that said, " F you" upon meeting you, (which you pretty much did in your first post) would it make you more likely to come back to that store or to engage with them any further? Will you expect this OP to further participate in the forums after being greeted this way?

No, I don't think I have, maybe your xp in retail has jaded you.

If you encountered someone that said, " F you" upon meeting you, (which you pretty much did in your first post) would it make you more likely to come back to that store or to engage with them any further? Will you expect this OP to further participate in the forums after being greeted this way?

See, there you go again attaching your own slant on to what other people/I have said. If I were OP, I might read into someone's comments initially, but after I've been told otherwise, I wouldn't still insist that I'm right. A parallel can be made right here in this very thread between you and me. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I'm really glad you're not a mod. The amount of unnecessary infraction points would be overwhelming. I also hope you have a good rest of the day, you seem to need it. (don't read into that because that's exactly what I mean).

Archived