Wet X

So i bought Reign of the Giants today and I already love it: The gameplay has changed quite a bit and all in all it became more difficult to survive.

Nevertheless I encountered a problem I just can't solve myself: I'm stuck in winter (~day 24) and I got wet because of snowfall. I tried to dry all my stuff near the firepit (fully lighened) in a chest and in my inventory and I just cant get rid of the "wet" status. My backpack is just lying around near the fire.. cant use it anymore. it drains too much sanity...

is this intended? what am i doing wrong?

There are somes issues (it is the good term ?) with wetness for the moment, the system need some balance, if i am not wrong.

Try to find item like the pretty parasol, it help a little with the wetness and the little boost of sanity help to survive winter without being constantly fighting hallucination.

As lumina said. Better yet if you can get your hands on a pigskin, make an umbrella - Thats the only way I'm surviving my winter at the moment, 3 quarters of my days consist of standing at the camp fire with an umbrella up and no armor (Only way I've found to actually dry out)

If i can, i make the two items. Umbrella for drying item and avoid (at least a little time) loss of sanity, and pretty parasol (and top hat, waterproof) for gaining sanity or avoid loss when i'm standing near fire.

If i can, i make the two items. Umbrella for drying item and avoid (at least a little time) loss of sanity, and pretty parasol (and top hat, waterproof) for gaining sanity or avoid loss when i'm standing near fire.

Could you help me out since I can't find it on the wiki. Does the pretty parasol have a spoilage time or durability? (haven't bothered making one yet but the sanity restoration is something I'm struggling with as wickerbottom)

It has a durability, as other clothes. You could repair it with the sewing kit (one use could repair it entirely). The ingredients aren't rares, so make another is maybe more worth it (but when you want to limit your travels in cold, repair it could be helpful)

sure im repairing my clothes... pig skin seems to be not so common and the werepig trick does not work anymore: if you hit a turning pig it getts a werepig instantly and starts attacking :/

sure im repairing my clothes... pig skin seems to be not so common and the werepig trick does not work anymore: if you hit a turning pig it getts a werepig instantly and starts attacking :/

Whaa? Werepigs are still easy. They'll get in two hits if you battle straight on which with armor isn't too bad, and 2 large meats to go on your drying racks, win win :D

Also.. hambat is a must surely xD

Whaa? Werepigs are still easy. They'll get in two hits if you battle straight on which with armor isn't too bad, and 2 large meats to go on your drying racks, win win :grin:

Also.. hambat is a must surely xD

sure I'll still farm werepigs, but dont starve taught me to always be carefull so I hate getting two free hits from a werewolf -.-

sure I'll still farm werepigs, but dont starve taught me to always be carefull so I hate getting two free hits from a werewolf -.-

I don't think there hasn't been a single map I haven't farmed them. So handy, and with the surplus skins after a while, you simply make more pig houses lol.

True with the carefulness, but also consider the two large meats that are jerky within 2 days recover 20 health each (nevermind sanity and hunger too *It's the wonderfood*) Calculated risks pay off extremely well :)

A comment from a dev in another thread confirmed that winter wetness is currently at the very least bugged, if not entirely wrong (meaning it will be removed from winter entirely possibly).  Currently putting items in a chest will dry them in a few seconds, but as long as your feet are making a sloshing sound, the environment is wet, and it seems like if you've gotten your items flagged as wet once, then even if you get rid of your wet meter in the meantime, as long as the environment reads as wet, your items will get wet again as soon as you put them on.  It's a very opaque system (that they're going to change), so I'm not 100% sure on that stuff, but basically right now especially in winter you need to avoid getting wet in the first place at all costs.

Right now the only effective way to get anything done in the winter is to have a beefalo hat, as it's the only winter clothing that provides wet resistance and does not get wet.  You'll need the beefalo hat and an umbrella/parasol, then you should be able to keep from getting wet at all.   

The heat stone is indeed a problem, and I think they also said they are going to look into it.  I had heard a rumor that if it is next to two fires you can fully charge it, but I have not been in winter since, so I can't confirm.  I'd try putting it in a ring of four trees and burning them and see what happens.

If you can't kite mob with that slow attack and so short range, you are bad at this game.

Just lost my first RoG save file. 

I went fully insane as i had to way to not be wet so i went completly insane, and constantly had to fight nightmare monsters while i mined for ice so I could have some hope of living.

Then out of nowhere this happened

94ITfkn.jpg(sorry for the big image)

I really hope the bug gets fixed soon, it was only because of the bug that i ended up dying (other wise i would of been able to lure the deer clops away so i could get my grass and make a bunch of torches to survive the night.

Just lost my first RoG save file. 

I went fully insane as i had to way to not be wet so i went completly insane, and constantly had to fight nightmare monsters while i mined for ice so I could have some hope of living.

Then out of nowhere this happened

94ITfkn.jpg(sorry for the big image)

I really hope the bug gets fixed soon, it was only because of the bug that i ended up dying (other wise i would of been able to lure the deer clops away so i could get my grass and make a bunch of torches to survive the night.

What bug?

I don't see anything wrong with this picture.

If you can't kite mob with that slow attack and so short range, you are bad at this game.

he isn't the slowest to attack with two hits and a kite you can get him down easily, i just dont like the idea of losing health as i am a very safe player.

The world is wet and so that means that if i am not 100% water proof at all times, my stuff is constantly wet and it causes me to lose sanity like crazy.

It only took 5 minutes for my sanity to go from max to 0

I am pretty sure this isn't intended, it makes normal winter clothing unecessary except for the beefalo hat.

I prepared for winter with Umbrella,Breezy Vest, Rain Hat .

It looks like Rain Hat does not help me.

When I wield an axe for chopping,

All my items in invetory gets wet in a few seconds.

Wet items draining Sanity heavily.

So all i can do is wield Umbrella and stay close to Fire pit all the day.

Switching umbrella to Axe = Instantly wet and Sanity Loss.

I prepared for winter with Umbrella,Breezy Vest, Rain Hat .

It looks like Rain Hat does not help me.

When I wield an axe for chopping,

All my items in invetory gets wet in a few seconds.

Wet items draining Sanity heavily.

So all i can do is wield Umbrella and stay close to Fire pit all the day.

Switching umbrella to Axe = Instantly wet and Sanity Loss.

What I do is Beefalo hat + Rain coat. Of course I also play as Maxwell, so I don't know how much the wetness is effecting my sanity. All my items stay dry though.

Archived