Dropping Items Near Water

If the Item is droped ON water you cant pick it up and also it doesnt dissappear (for example monster meat) Also monster will try to get to this piece of meat by constantly running towards the water and dont stop.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Item is droped ON water you cant pick it up and also it doesnt dissappear (for example monster meat) Also monster will try to get to this piece of meat by constantly running towards the water and dont stop.

but I wish it would make a plop sound or something and despawn the items instead of leaving them there.
This please; my pigs are forever walking into a wall trying to reach a piece of meat hovering above the water. I think my only option is to destroy their homes and rebuild them away from it.

I have a bigger problem than this lol. There is a tentacle in a marsh that spawned offshore and i just barely cant get in range to attack it, but it CAN attack me, the dirty kiter. Hes just making fun of me over there. Now it isnt a big deal to avoid that spot, but its against my nature to leave it there. I want to kill ALL the tentacles, mine ALL the rocks, have ALL the items :p Well most of the time at least ;)