Do you need to have meat effigies on you for them to work?

Do you have to have the meat effigies on you or can they be in a chest? If they do need to be on you then does it count if they're in a backpack that was dropped on the ground at the time of your demise? I don't want to go through all the work of getting one and then having to restart because I didn't do it right.

Where do the meat effigies spawn you? I saw that they spawn you at your 'camp', but how does the game know what your camp is?

Finally how do amulets work? Do you need to carry them around on you, or can you put them in a chest or a dropped backpack?

Thanks!

hey guys i was wondering: if u build a meat effig as wilson and change your skin in the tent for example to wendy, and then u die...

1. Does the meat effig work?

2. Do your respawn as wilson or wendy?

I wanted to try it my self but i died pernamently before changing the character... that was a stupid death ;/

hey guys i was wondering: if u build a meat effig as wilson and change your skin in the tent for example to wendy, and then u die...

1. Does the meat effig work?

2. Do your respawn as wilson or wendy?

I wanted to try it my self but i died pernamently before changing the character... that was a stupid death ;/

1. it works, im pretty sure the meat effigy always looks like wilson aswell, since you have to use his beard hair.

2. you will respawn as whoever you were playing as