Renewable ancient gems?

My favorite items in this game are staffs and amulets, although they are not really that powerful.

I am guy who likes to play one world hundreds and hundreds of days so running out of nonrenewable resources is common problem for me.

It would be awesome if this DLC could make gems slowly renewable, maybe rare hound that drops yellow gems and you could craft green and orange gems with other gems?

Also thulecite is not renewable but it hasn't really been problem for me.

So, should ancient gems be renewable and how?

I'd love to hear others opinions.

There are lots of caves in a world, and if they make ALL the resources renewable there will be no reasons to change world using the Teleportato.

This is a great point, thanks for sharing. Now I realise the purpose of that beyond just wanting a breath of fresh air! :-)

EDIT: I just read a tip on the wiki about pre-building structures since these transport through the wooden thingy with you. Nice :)

My favorite items in this game are staffs and amulets, although they are not really that powerful.

I am guy who likes to play one world hundreds and hundreds of days so running out of nonrenewable resources is common problem for me.

It would be awesome if this DLC could make gems slowly renewable, maybe rare hound that drops yellow gems and you could craft green and orange gems with other gems?

Also thulecite is not renewable but it hasn't really been problem for me.

So, should ancient gems be renewable and how?

I'd love to hear others opinions.

Red, purple and blue gems are a renewable resource, if you have hounds in any way enabled. There is a chance that Blue hounds will drop blue gem and because they keep coming back, the blue gem is renewable (Only if you have enabled winter at any point that is). Red gems have chance to be dropped from Red hounds and they come only in really hot summer time, so as long as you have summer, red gems will be renewable. If you have winter, summer and hounds at any point you'll also be able to make purple gems (refine them from red and blue gems). In the end there are 3 renewable gems. The ones you should be concerned about are green, yellow and orange gems. The yellow ones already are renewable in a mod of lightning hounds, I think, so that's good. I have absolutely no idea if green and orange gems would be renewable at any point, thought there is a mod, that lets you mix other gems to create new ones. If you need an orange gem, then with that mod just mix red and yellow gems together (which at this point should be renewable). If you want green gem, just mix yellow and blue gems together (which also both should be renewable at this point). So with:

* Summer

* Winter

* Hounds enabled (with Default Plus or/and hounds coming at full moon)

* Lightning hound mod

* More refine-able gem mod

You should then be able to make all 6 gems renewable. Sounds good?

True, renewing gems will be hard and low chance, but it's still renewable, right?

In case you can't find mods, here are the links:

Variable gems

Hounds abound

You don't need hounds for red/blue/purple to be renewable. They come from cave earthquakes.

No they doesn't -_-

Since when did those gems come from the earthquakes? It's the yellow, orange and may be green that fall there, not the red, blue and purple ones!

No they doesn't -_-

Since when did those gems come from the earthquakes? It's the yellow, orange and may be green that fall there, not the red, blue and purple ones!

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Gem

"Red Gems can be obtained from Graves, as a drop from Red Hounds, from Earthquakes and Stalagmites in Caves, and from Ancient Statues and Broken Clockworks in Ruins."

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Gem

"Green Gems are obtained by mining Ancient Statues, mining Broken Bits and Pieces of Stone, destroying Broken Clockworks, breaking certain Relics, opening Ornate Chests, and hammering Ancient Pseudoscience Stations."

In conclusion, Deacon be right, yo.

"Red Gems can be obtained from Graves, as a drop from Red Hounds, from Earthquakes and Stalagmites in Caves, and from Ancient Statues and Broken Clockworks in Ruins."

"Green Gems are obtained by mining Ancient Statues, mining Broken Bits and Pieces of Stone, destroying Broken Clockworks, breaking certain Relics, opening Ornate Chests, and hammering Ancient Pseudoscience Stations."

like a boss

Okay, thanks for info, but that doesn't make them renewable. Hounds are the only reason they are renewable. And all tho lightning hound appearing has bad impact on other hounds, especially the red hounds, the mods I listed are the two thatbmake all gems renewable. Otherways, only 3/6 gems are renewable in the original game. Do you think green, orange and yellow gems might be renewable in future? Like in DLC or something?

Okay, thanks for info, but that doesn't make them renewable. Hounds are the only reason they are renewable. And all tho lightning hound appearing has bad impact on other hounds, especially the red hounds, the mods I listed are the two thatbmake all gems renewable. Otherways, only 3/6 gems are renewable in the original game. Do you think green, orange and yellow gems might be renewable in future? Like in DLC or something?

Hounds are not the only way to make them renewable. They literally fall from the ceiling forever. What do you think "renewable" means?

Hounds are not the only way to make them renewable. They literally fall from the ceiling forever. What do you think "renewable" means?

Dbi, I know what renewable means. If they really fall from the caves, then do you have any proof? There's more chance of getting them from the hounds than in caves cause I've been in caves with several earthquakes and have never seen a single gem falling down!

Dbi, I know what renewable means. If they really fall from the caves, then do you have any proof? There's more chance of getting them from the hounds than in caves cause I've been in caves with several earthquakes and have never seen a single gem falling down!

I have a world with a cave base that I never go to the surface in. Gems are more rare than other drops, but I have gotten dozens of each red and blue. You can, in turn, make those into purple.

Yes, they are more common from hounds, but that in no way makes them nonrenewable.

Edit: Wiki says 5% of the items dropped from earthquakes are red/blue gems and marble. That sounds about right from my experience. Also rock lobsters can eat them, which might account for you never seeing any.

Archived