"The offering" idea

I have an idea to consider for the DLC :)

Ability to build altars for giants and put offerings on them - to lower a chance for them to spawn, attack you or your base. Or to weaken them somehow...?

Every giant can have a different altar and different taste. Leaving us to experiment with things that we offer.

Altar is built, giant later approaches and decides if the offering is good enough for it. It either smashes it or takes it and leaves for some time or whole cycle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that this possible interaction would add to the gameplay. Watching the giant decide a facing the consequences... or moving far away and hoping for the best... taking care of the offerings in time, getting it right for each one of them... fits the survival theme.

Could be nice, what do you think?

I really want there to be a "good" giant. You know, someone who protects you, instead of attacking. An altar to summon him would be great, but if he finds the offer to be unworthy... Boy, he'll get pretty annoyed...

Why wet goops? You can make them just out of sticks O_o

Imagine that you want to hunt down a giant, you put this trash on its altar... you are waiting for him to smash the the place and go after you. And it takes four wet goops and leaves with a happy smile :D

I already got the impression that the touch stone was some sort of altar by Wilson's examination, but was let down to see it was a cheap respawn that will get you killed twice during winter.

Ah... the times when we didn't know what's for what :) I remember running away from chester, I thought he was a killer :D

Archived