The Great (Roleplay) Experiment - The Revival Has Begun

Tesability

No restart will be needed. Just because I will be GMing doesn't mean I'm pulling everything in the other thread out of play. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have made the changes I did to my own character. (He's packing some serious cons now...including a possible self-execution from overuse of aura abilities other than Aura Sight.)

I would like to go early in the chain of turns. I may be pushing my luck here but I'd really like to be able to go after you. Anyways, Wojtek changed quite a bit from what I originally intended (in a good way!), and the jerky thing never even became relevant. Here's an updated character sheet.

Name: Wojtek Hahn

Appearance: Disheveled and sickly should be the first two words that come to mind when seeing Wojtek. His grooming is non-existent, reddish-brown hair thick and unkempt with a stubble to match. Being from Chernogolovka, Wojtek naturally dresses in warm clothing. A dark green army jacket with dark gray fur around the hood and cuffs, a light gray sweater, a heavy pair of faded blue jeans and brown Wellington boots make for his usual attire. Standing at 5'6" he's of average height, perhaps a bit on the short side depending on your perspective. His weight is difficult to tell considering his clothing, but the gravity of his steps indicates that he's at least muscular enough to not be considered light.

Background: From Chernogolovka in the early 1910s to the world of Don't Starve. Wojtek came from the civil war that split the country of Russia between the aristocracy and the common working class. As you can probably assume, Wojtek was one of the working class; he was part of the Red Army. In the beginning his patriotic fervor and disdain for what he viewed as an unjust government was absolute, and he found solace in the intensity of the violence around him. The bloodier the fight, the more honorable the cause; he'd never expected to see it any differently. After witnessing countless atrocities committed in the heat of battle however, Wojtek began to lose his faith in his country. It seemed only natural that when invading a White Army compound he would become transfixed when a voice spoke to him over the loudspeakers, promising him an escape from the tragedy his life had become. All he had to do was flip that lever..

Personality: The culture shock of his new home may have driven Wojtek a little mad. He's still in survival mode, and his decisions are often driven by the dogged need to stay alive, followed immediately by keeping the people around him safe. He's used to working in a squad, and even if the people he's traveling with now are a little more than he can take in he still needs to ensure their safety. MOST IMPORTANTLY, his favorite food is stuffed eggplant.

Pros

Wojtek's got a gun: Guess what this pro is about? That's right, a Webley Mk. IV! Wojtek came into the world with this service revolver, but in a psychological power-play wound up tossing the entirety of his ammunition (5 rounds) into the caves below. Will those rounds show up again? I don't know why you're asking me! That doesn't stop this little gun from finding its uses, though.

I used to have picnics in this weather: Winter doesn't mean a damn thing when you come from a place as cold as Chernogolovka. Wojtek just doesn't freeze. Oh, sure, too much exposure to cold can have some crazy (*cough*) effects, but he ain't gonna die from it.

Cons

Whyvenyr must die: The first person Wojtek met was David, and that was an experience that was rife with thinly veiled hostilities. Wojtek never trusted him from the beginning, but as our favorite Russian's sanity began to ebb so did his better judgement. In their last encounter Wojtek tried to keep David from getting away after watching the "slimeball" try and use his silver tongue to get an innocent man killed. As Wojtek's mind diminished, his convictions about David only get stronger, and the presence of that sleazy vagabond can really mess with Wojtek's sense.

Shouldn't have pissed them off: Wojtek pissed off a giant horde of spiders on the first night he arrived. They're still out there.

Are the cons too lackluster? I feel like they could be, especially the second one. I'll do some punching up if so.

Edited by 23rd

In all honesty, 23rd, you're one of the three (four, if Tempus is caught without his batons) truly normal beings on the island, so I'm not too worried about cons for ya. Everyone else has either some sort of supernatural being they can't be truly disarmed off or aren't even freaking human, normally resulting in the need to have a bit of a price tag for playing them. (Hell, Neos had six cons, compared to four pros.)

At the risk of sounding egotistical, I like the challenge of trying to pull off feats as amazing as everyone else without the luxury of flashy powers. No, wait, being egotistical would be saying I'm a stone cold badass. Yeah! I'm a stone cold badass, that's what I meant to say! Good to hear that cons that equate to my character not liking someone else and having an armada of spiders out for my blood is enough.

Edited by 23rd

One: OW MY EVERYTHING. Walking back home from the food bank with the amount of food I had with no one willing to offer a ride was a painful experience.

Two: I was trying to give everyone a chance to make tweaks to their character while they can before beginning the tale from where we left off. So, speak now or forever your character stay the same.

Okay, here goes. Put this at the end, please.

Environmentally affected: Simon's connection to the elements is much more powerful than his control over them. Therefore, he is very heavily affected by his surroundings. A change in the environment around him will cause his abilities to shift to match his surroundings. For example, a sandstorm will make his earth elemental skills exponentially stronger. The same with a blizzard and his water skills, a tornado with his wind skills, and so on. Although his powers will become much more potent, he will, in most cases, go temporarily insane almost immediately. He will attempt to exert his power on anything around him, friend or foe. When the environmental change ends, or Simon has completely exhausted himself, he will go unconscious and the normal drawbacks to his elemental powers will not apply.

David, redone. Now truly reflecting his complete and utter madness. A shame that he's to crazy to hold a conversation long enough to actually flesh his story out more...

Name: David Whyvenyr

Appearance: David has a rather... distinct, shall we say, appearance. He's fairly averagely built, and is a touch on the tall side at about 5'8 feet tall, weighing in at about 140 pounds. Beyond this, however, things start getting strange. He has deathly pale skin, and very cold, dark eyes hidden slightly beneath is matted, unkempt blonde hair. If you observe how he moves, there's always a slight slouch, and generally he doesn't travel with much urgency or speed unless the situation specifically calls upon it. He also has rather odd tastes in clothing, for some reason favoring cherry red shirts, bluejeans, and brown slip-on shoes.

Background: David's past is a mystery, thickly veiled in unknown facts that not even he has let slip. Maxwell dug as far as he could into what They knew, but all to no avail. He's a complete unknown, with an extremely troubled past, but the questions still persists: What? What could have possibly made him so utterly broken? What killed his hopes in life so thoroughly that he would even consider accepting Maxwell's foolish offer? That, my friends, is just another mystery.

Personality: David could best be described as having 'two' personalities. One is his recessive personality, his 'normal' self, whom comes across as trapped by his other, stronger self, and whom can expertly draw in the pity of anyone who surrounds him through his words alone. Then there's his... other self. His 'broken' self is the substantially more dominant of the two, whose trademark characteristics are hyper-violent tenancies, complete emotional coldness, and a tenancy to make completely irrational decisions which only benefit himself.

Powers:

Enhanced Sensors: For reasons unknown even to himself, David has unusually perceptive senses. He can smell, hear, see, taste, and feel much better than normal people, even being perceptive enough to see and work in pitch darkness.

Accursed Blade: David, through a series of circumstances, managed to not only become a ward for the Grue on his first night on the island, but also obtained an incredibly powerful dagger that he's managed to hold onto thus far. Whilst much of the blade is still unknown, a few things have been discovered so far, such as how it seems to be not only made of nightmare fuel, but 'powered' by it as well. A handfull or so of fuel can cause the dagger to 'transform' into a much more vicious form, expanding nearly three times it's size as a dagger and becoming a veritable sword. The dagger also has the strange ability to turn the blood of it's victims into pure nightmare fuel, permanently corrupting those unlucky enough to survive an attack from him into the Touched.

Weaknesses:

Shattered Psyche: David's sanity is an utter unknown, much like himself. While he, miraculously, hasn't gone 'insane' by the island's standards, he certainly acts as though he's insane at times.

It Burns: Due to him having such sharp senses, attacks that target his senses are unusually effective towards him, such as bright lights, or particularly rancid stenches.

Key word being 'more'. SUBTLETY! WOO!

Edited by ShadowDimentio