Moving on - mods up for adoption

Edit: I'm back in! Mods no longer up for adoption (if I said you could use something before, you still can)

Hey guys,

it's been a great ride and I'd like to especially thank @Ipsquiggle for all the modder goodness that was put into the game. But I no longer play the game nor find it entertaining (after some 200 hours of fun in-game time, no surprise!).

I'm going to stop updating my mods now. Hopefully they will continue to function as the last official patch has gone live. Nevertheless, I'm putting them up for adoption here for any modder to pick up, both for future patch maintenance and/or further development or integration into other mods as you wish it. In other words, the mods and all that they contain are up for grabs but will no longer be updated by me.

The mods:

RPG Items

Summons

Dawnbreak

Unlock all released characters

Thanks for a great time.

oh heaven.... :,(

you had some great mods props, i used most of your mods as a basis for learning and i did learn much! :)

i know its not my place to ask but can you take a quick look at my problem here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/30240-code-help-please/

i would be gratefull

so sad to see you go, you had such good mods, i loved the summons must have been hell of a hard work to do them, they are beautifull mods hope someone keeps them alive

gl in life my friend

It's pretty sad to see you go mate, you're mods have been some of the most unique and great things i've seen on the don't starve modding scene, i hope that someone will take up your mods and keep them updated for the rest of us to keep enjoying, i wish you luck on any of your future projects, and i thank you for being one of the best.

As far as compatability for Heavenfall's mods go:

RPG Items: I may hope it doesn't break.

Summons: If it's still working at this point, I don't see how it's going to break.

Dawnbreak: So long as there's no major change to how day/night cycles are managed, should run fine.

Unlock all Released Characters: I don't see why this one would break.

Seriously, I think that adopting Unlock All Released Characters is a formality. Something deliberate would have to be done in order to break this one.

As far as compatability for Heavenfall's mods go:

RPG Items: I may hope it doesn't break.

Summons: If it's still working at this point, I don't see how it's going to break.

Dawnbreak: So long as there's no major change to how day/night cycles are managed, should run fine.

Unlock all Released Characters: I don't see why this one would break.

Seriously, I think that adopting Unlock All Released Characters is a formality. Something deliberate would have to be done in order to break this one.

Depending on how the code works, (I haven't looked into it) it might have to be updated with each new character release

Has this been passed on? I'm a newbie on Don't Starve (haven't played it but already purchased it) and I want to do some worth while practice on my coding. I don't have any experience on modding but a lot of experience on reading codes done by other people (my work) but I think this would take a lot of time depending on the LOC of it. I don't have that much free time too, mostly on weekends (Philippine Standard Time) when I don't do much.

So if your willing to throw me the code I would be willing to study it for some time. Hopefully I can answer the bugs and request (if there are any). :livid:

P.S. I will be installing RPG Items to start off my play on the game.  :love-struck: 

-shinden15

Archived