Does flint respawn?

Arvetis

Ive thinking about it.Since we know some materials are finite in the world, you best bet would be to create and depend on "buildings" that uses renewable materials.The problem... dunno if it is intended... if you dont have flint you cant create AXE, if you dont have AXE you cant chop wood and if you dont have wood you cant create campfire... only torches (they rely on twigs and torches), if you didnt save enough torches for one night... thats going to be your last night!! Cant say anything about lanterns... haven made one yet.I dont think the developers intend for the players to last forever in the game... I think.

on my first play of this game I managed to unlock all possible items, and that without exploiting the graveyard bug. It is absolutely no problem to unlock everything in just one run, even the expensive gold tools, you just have to explore the island and make good use of the items/resources given to you.

Even when you are not able to craft any more tools, technically, you still can sustain yourself. by the time you run out of flint/gold, you must have several camps with fire pits, or at least one, and from that moment on, you can sustain your fire with renewable resources without a problem, just burn grass and twigs, there is plenty of it, and it is respawning fast.

I don't see a reason why you should not be able to stay alive in this game for an infinite amount of time, expect from boredome, resulting in suicide.

- - - Updated - - -

Gold is infinite so you can make golden tools easily.

I totally forgot that, absolutely right, gold is indeed infinite, so it is even more easy to stay alive for as long as you want.

Just camp next to a Pig-King and a Rabbit field. Make Traps/Birdtraps, get some meat, give it to the King and voelà -> infinite gold what means infinite tools. As far as I know, rabbits can not become extinct...?I like the mining/smelting thingy though! :D

Just camp next to a Pig-King and a Rabbit field. Make Traps/Birdtraps, get some meat, give it to the King and voelà -> infinite gold what means infinite tools. As far as I know, rabbits can not become extinct...?I like the mining/smelting thingy though! :D

I don't know about rabbits, but frogs and pigs are infinite.

why not adding bone tools like everytime you kill something it has a small chance of dropping bones like you have a 1 out of 10 chance that a rabbit drop one because you kill lots of rabbits you wouldnt run low on them for this bone tools would be realy weak like they break 2 times faster then the normal one i mean even our anchestors used bones for tools so why not just add some and all would be good just an idea but it would help surviving even when you have only a few flints on your map