Cheerio

How To: Install a Mod from the Klei Downloads Page

Demonlml    1

my game wont allow me to open mods tab in-game.... it crashes bah

can someone help me ? i am new to the game and i am enjoying but i cannot explore more...

thank you

• Like 1

Demonlml    1

can someone help me ? i am new to the game and i am enjoying but i cannot explore more...

thank you

and by th way.. using non steam

Cheerio    2,532

Hello . I just don't understund . I downloaded few mods from Klei page then put them in my MODS folder and launch game > go to mods , enable them . But when i start game everything is same . When i go to main menu and look at mods , it says ,, crashed at the start , automat.. disabled when crashed''. I can't fix it. :(

Could you please try enabling your mods, logging into game, shutting the game down and then uploading your 'log.txt' file for me to look at? 

thank you

Could you also try posting your log file for me to take a look?

Here's some info on where to find your log:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/24881-logs-and-useful-info-for-bug-reports/

Malacath    121

How do I get to my mods folder? I have Windows 7.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods\

Something like this.

Andreinne    2

i don't use steam, how do i do it? i tried what it said here...but it didn't work for me.....or i did something wrong. please help? (i have windows 7)

Cheerio    2,532

i don't use steam, how do i do it? i tried what it said here...but it didn't work for me.....or i did something wrong. please help? (i have windows 7)

Could you post a screenshot of your mods folder and then a screenshot of inside the folder of one of the mods you want to use?  Something like this:

post-283016-0-12155200-1384935238_thumb.

post-283016-0-25744200-1384935240_thumb.

Cheerio    2,532

Moving your mods from /DoNotStarve/UploaderCache/mods to /DoNotStarve/mods should fix your problem.

Andreinne    2

I tried that, it didn't work. the only mods folder i have is in the updatercache, like it shows in the image i uploaded here.I even tried moving the whole folder, but it didn't work...I keep wondering what i'm doing wrong....my game is a standalone, i never did anything with the folders, i always had them like that, and when i tried downloading a mod, i did it like it says here. supposedly, all i have to do is download it, and move it to the mods folder....i did that. nothing. can anyone think of anything else that could help?

Another question though, the only folders for Don't Starve i have are all inside the UpdaterCache. The only files directly under Don't Starve in my documents are Save, UpdaterCache, Log, Settings, and updater.json. My Data, images, mods folders and whatnot, are all inside the UpdaterCache folder. That's how it's always been since i downloaded the game. I'm thinking that somehow this is causing me to not be able to install mods? maybe? or is there something else i'm doing wrong?

Edited by Andreinne

simplex    2,605

Another question though, the only folders for Don't Starve i have are all inside the UpdaterCache. The only files directly under Don't Starve in my documents are Save, UpdaterCache, Log, Settings, and updater.json. My Data, images, mods folders and whatnot, are all inside the UpdaterCache folder. That's how it's always been since i downloaded the game. I'm thinking that somehow this is causing me to not be able to install mods? maybe? or is there something else i'm doing wrong?

That's how it's supposed to be. These folders shouldn't be touched (except if you want to manually tweak settings.ini, mess with save files, etc.). The relevant mod folder should be outside My Documents, in Don't Starve's installation path.

Andreinne    2

ok...i have another dilemma....i managed to get the mods to show up on the mod list of the game, but even if they're active, they don't show up on the actual game......so....what am i doin wrong now...oh, and thanks.

• Like 1

TheDanaAddams    574

how do i install for Mac OS X?

The easiest way to find the mods folder is to right-click Don't Starve from the dock, then go to options > show in finder.

From there, right-click the app, and choose "show package contents" - open the "contents" folder, and right there, you will see "mods"

Edited by TheDanaAddams
  • Like 2