How To: Install a Mod from the Klei Downloads Page

Cheerio

help i have windows 8 i go to my don't starve file it is under Klei i double click and then it says DoNotSarve i double click and then is says save and under that is UpdaterCache under that it says Log under that it says settings and under that it says updater.json what do i do i looked in ever file and the one thing that said mod on it was a note that said boot_modindex and a note that said modindex and thay were in save so help me :'(

23jp5v.jpg

ok...i have another dilemma....i managed to get the mods to show up on the mod list of the game, but even if they're active, they don't show up on the actual game......so....what am i doin wrong now...oh, and thanks.

how did you get it to work? im having the same problems :- /

the only mods folder i have is in the updatercache, like it shows in the image someone uploaded. I tried moving the folder too but it didn't work. what i'm doing wrong? does anyone else have this problem? did you get it fixed? how? please help ;(

Hi can anyonehelp?

I have downloaded and installed mods for Don't Starve, but when I try to enable them in the game, the mod page opens up to this to a page that says "Steam Community" and it wont let me go out of it to enable any mods.

I dont know what to do!

post-354180-0-28580500-1403456764_thumb.

I have only seen that error on pirated copies, and there's thankfully no way to fix it.

(Seriously, the game's a whopping 5 bucks on the Humble Store, right now. Just buy the damn thing, people!)

However, if it's happening on a legit copy, I would suggest verifying file integrity.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-01-03 at 9.17.28 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-01-03 at 9.18.25 AM.png

lol its very possible just gotta type some things in the files

Hi, I have a problem. 

I download the mod fine and then instead of being a folder it is an .rar file. Please help!

Thanks!

I've fixed it thank goodness. If anyone has had the same problem, all you need to do is extract files from the .rar file. I used the program 7zip as my computer didn't have that option. It totally works!

Hi, I have a problem. 

I download the mod fine and then instead of being a folder it is an .rar file. Please help!

Thanks!

I've fixed it thank goodness. If anyone has had the same problem, all you need to do is extract files from the .rar file. I used the program 7zip as my computer didn't have that option. It totally works!

Okay so i have windows 8, and i got a non-steam version of don't starve, where do i find my file? I tried what was above but it said it could not be found.

Could you clarify this for us a bit? You've already downloaded a mod from the forums but you're not able to find the files for it? Or are you looking for the location on where to install the mod files? Thanks!

Could you clarify this for us a bit? You've already downloaded a mod from the forums but you're not able to find the files for it? Or are you looking for the location on where to install the mod files? Thanks!

i was trying to find my mod folder for DS but i just uninstalled and reinstalled it into a blank folder on my desktop so i was able to find the mod folder without having to search. :)

downloaded mods from this webpage, downloaded from steam workshop, Restart game, restart steam, change compatibilities, change api versions, I went through all that so far and STILL can not get a single character to show in game. One is named Misao, the other is Kaori. Neither of them show as out of date so what am I doing wrong here?

Hey, I'm on a mac using steam to play Don't Starve and i have no idea what I'm doing. my friend told me that i should do 

libraries > App. Support > Steam > Steam apps > Common > Dont starve 

and that doest work and i don't have Don't starve in my App. folder. Help Anyone?

Thanks in advance> :joyous:

Hey, I'm on a mac using steam to play Don't Starve and i have no idea what I'm doing. my friend told me that i should do 

libraries > App. Support > Steam > Steam apps > Common > Dont starve 

and that doest work and i don't have Don't starve in my App. folder. Help Anyone?

Thanks in advance> :joyous:

I have only seen that error on pirated copies, and there's thankfully no way to fix it.

(Seriously, the game's a whopping 5 bucks on the Humble Store, right now. Just buy the damn thing, people!)

However, if it's happening on a legit copy, I would suggest verifying file integrity.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-01-03 at 9.17.28 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-01-03 at 9.18.25 AM.png

There is a way to fix that screen if it's pirated, and if the person knew how to pirate the game, they should also be able to find out how to pirate the modfix. 

Please help !!!!!!!!

I did EVERYTHING AS THIS TUTORIAL SAYS. But when I enable the mod and start a new game , it won't let me to play. It says "mod failure ,mod will be disabled" , something like that. And I have 2 options what to do.. There are "Quit game" button and "Disable mod" button... I don't know what to do.

Mac OS X 10.9.5

I found the location of the Mods folder by going to "properties" within Steam (where I normally start the game).

[Computer Name]/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/common/dont_starve/dontstarve_steam.app

show package contents of dontstarve_steam.app

contents/mods

It's a pity I couldn't find any help here - I had the same problem. BOUGHT and CORRECTLY INSTALLED game. But no MOD folder. 

It's there, but not in the given location. You have to Open packege contents TWO times - once in the Don't starve folder and once in the Resources folder.

Macintosh HD ▸ Applications ▸ Don't Starve - Reign of Giants ▸ Don't Starve - Reign of Giants ▸ Contents ▸ Resources ▸ Don't Starve ▸ Contents ▸ mods

• Like 1