How To: Install a Mod from the Klei Downloads Page

Cheerio

I followed the instructions carefully,but when I open "mods" in-game It just gives me a "sign" that just says "STEAM WORKSHOP" and I need to use task menager to exit the game!I tried again,but it still gives me the "STEAM WORKSHOP" Sign just like last time! I really wish somone could help me... :spidercowers:

The standalone mac install is different for me than shown above.  Not sure if it was the latest update or what but here is how i got mods to work on the latest version from GOG.

/Applications/Don't Starve/Don't Starve.app/contents/resources THEN Right click  the Don't Starve.app> show package contents> Contents/mods    <--mods was already there so i did not have to create it myself.

Drag and drop the mod folders into this folder close all of the Finder windows out then Launch the game.  The mods should now be on the mod page in game for you to enable or disable.

1. Open the Downloads Page

attachicon.gifklei0.jpg

Click here to go to the downloads page.  You should now be able to browse all the mods that are available to download.

2. Download the Mod

attachicon.gifklei1.jpg

Click on the mod you want to install.  Now click on the download button.  This will download the mod to your machine.

3. Copy the Mod to your Mods Folder

attachicon.gifklei2.jpg

Double click on the file you just downloaded to open it.  Copy the folder inside to your Don't Starve mods folder.  This folder will be one of the following depending on which version of the game you are running:

Steam/Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods\
Standalone/Windows: C:\Program Files\dontstarve\mods
Standalone/Mac: /Applications/Don't Starve/Don't Starve.app/Contents/mods/
Steam/Linux: /home/username/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/dont_starve/mods

4. Open the In Game Mods Screen

attachicon.gifenable0.jpg

Launch 'Don't Starve' and click on the 'mods' button on the right hand side of the screen.

5. Enabe the Mod

attachicon.gifenable1.jpg

Now click the checkbox next to any of the mods you want to enable.

Congratulations! Your new mod should now work with any worlds you already have and any new ones you create.  Have fun :-).

Hi! I'm using William mod, i put the William folder in my mods folder and enable it in game but when i'm choosing William it's just a big black square. Can you help me...

untitled.jpg

Just so you know, William doesn't work with Reign of Giants.

I'm unsure of what causes that problem, though.

here is something new for you guys, (I don't know how to screen shot sorry).

...data/../mods/satori/scripts/screens/morguescreen.lua:20:variable'JapaneseOnPS4' is not declared.

It goes through the run down after that, but I check the folder and it is there, bug mayhap..... idk looking forward to advice thanks. 

here is something new for you guys, (I don't know how to screen shot sorry).

...data/../mods/satori/scripts/screens/morguescreen.lua:20:variable'JapaneseOnPS4' is not declared.

It goes through the run down after that, but I check the folder and it is there, bug mayhap..... idk looking forward to advice thanks. 

I'm using the Satori mod and tried the other fix wich made it respond with this.

help i have windows 8 i go to my don't starve file it is under Klei i double click and then it says DoNotSarve i double click and then is says save and under that is UpdaterCache under that it says Log under that it says settings and under that it says updater.json what do i do i looked in ever file and the one thing that said mod on it was a note that said boot_modindex and a note that said modindex and thay were in save so help me :'(