Respawn timers. Thoughts on the end-all manure.

Although i enjoy the devs decisions to make the game less grindy by putting restrictions on turtling into a single base. I wanted to give some of my own suggestions. I feel as if the common fix is to make berries/grass/twigs break down requiring another item to fix it. But so far it's only been manure, which has kind of made manure a little bit "over-desireable"(making up words here.) Why not add respawn timers to things? instead of allowing a constant grind to stacks and stacks of resources gathered around you. Put them on longer respawn timers. I'll list some ideas here so i'm not too vague.

Berries: The original problem was mass gathering gave you an easy end-all hunger source. Putting gobblers and the need to fertilize this slightly broke it down. But with a higher amount of bushes and moving to an easy manure source(cows) cripples that idea pretty easily. A respawn timer could really help here. When it's first planted it should require manure, Then once fertilized it will go on a long respawn timer possibly forcing you to use outside food sources until your 20-40 bushes are ready again.

Grass: If you dig up a grass tuft. Once replanted, it should also go on a long respawn timer. Until your epic farm is ready you would be forced to vagabond for outside grass sources increasing the danger of your world. Once it needs to be fertilized it goes on that long respawn timer again.

Rabbits: Pigmen got a 3 day respawn timer to discourage mass producing meat from them. (Currently not functional but i'm sure will be fixed Soon.) Rabbits should be put on a somewhat similar timer and have a lot less rabbit hole clutter. Unless in the future they run around you forcing you to need traps to get them.

The point isn't to destroy turtling entirely as a lot of people love having a place to call home. These suggestions are aimed at forcing you into a tiny bit of variety in your gathering playstyle. Being able to stay in a 5 inch area to maintain all your needs consistently should be punished a bit more.

Killing defenceless little bunnies is naughty.

Really? But I've worked so hard towards my goal of complete bunny genocide... a goal, may I add, that I haven't truly acheived since Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant when I genocided both the Dane and the T'Rang. In all fairness, they had it coming...

Really? But I've worked so hard towards my goal of complete bunny genocide... a goal, may I add, that I haven't truly acheived since Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant when I genocided both the Dane and the T'Rang. In all fairness, they had it coming...

You're..... You're a monster... Also a happy pre-nerf-mas to everyone.

You're..... You're a monster...

But you didn't even hear my reasons! The Dane? I passed all their tests and then got a special item from some demon for them, and how did their leader repay me? He tried to execute all of us because we weren't Danes. I mean, what reaction would you expect from this kind of betrayal except genocide?

And the T'Rang... oh man... at the very start of the game I saw them harrassing this rocket babe (a woman who rides a rocket... like a horse) and I saved her from them and we became friends. Well there's a spell in the game that tells you where everyone is, and at one point in the game I used it and I found out she was dead! Dead! DEAD! The T'Rang were obviously to blame so I went to their base camp and destroyed them all.

On a related note, I once played a galactic empire-building game called Ascendency. I was at war with one race, the Chronomyst, and had conquored all their planets except their homeworld. Diplomacy doesn't really work to well in Ascendency, or at least not as well as force, but I still wanted to be open to the idea. So I created a new enormous-class starship just for the occasion and sent it to their homeworld to open peace talks. That didn't work out. Maybe it was because I was beligerant. Maybe it was because my new ship was called the "Genocider of the Chronomyst". I don't know. Fortunately my new starship was conveniently filled with bio-weapon bombs and the battle was over very quickly.

So you see... I'm mostly misunderstood.

I bet it's the equivalent of the gobbler. I hope it is also voiced hilariously. Maybe the rabbits protect their own when killed by hand? Can you imagine rabbits acting like tallbirds. Oh my.

So you see... I'm mostly misunderstood.

Remind me to be wary of denying you to food if we ever end up starving. I can't help but feel like you keep bombs on you at all times for peaceful diplomacy. I don't want to put a whole new meaning on nuking food.