Optimus pine spawn information

Aerow

How does the spawn of Optimus pine work? Is it completely random or is there any particular trigger to it? I know that chopping trees gives you a higher chance to spawn him but just after I cut one tree on that day, this happens

hLGE6.jpg

There actually happened something interesting a few ingame days ago,which opens up room for the theory that cutting trees alone isn't the only trigger for the treeguard to spawn.I was on a rocky biome,just stolen a tall bird egg,and heard the hounds.I ran back to my base,an island connected to the one I stole the egg.as I get back to the first trees I notice a treeguard,and it's fighting a pack of hounds! As far as I know,noone at that very moment was capable of cutting a tree..So what did the hounds do to piss him off?Do treeguards spawn outside your field of view and blend in with the regular trees?I do wonder...

Well on that speculation, treegaurds do disguise themselves as normal trees. If you lose aggroe of one for too long. They replant themselves in the ground to resemble "normal tree". But they are still labeled as treegaurds. You may of just had one replant itself and the dogs came and attacked it. I could be wrong though.

It's speculated to have something to do with cut to planted ratio. It's possible that it's a random event on a percent chance. Every tree you cut has a chance. Or cutting a random set amount without planting activates it.

I too speculate that every tree, when generated, has a random variable assigned to it and when it reaches a certain threshold, which again is random since I've got 2 treeguards at the same time, spawns them.

yea the only time i've spawned them is when cutting trees down in my own tree farm, where i've planted way more than i've chopped so i think it's just a random roll of the dice whenever you chop a tree? i've also only had them spawn from the largest size trees.