Mod tag for Maxwell update please

Do you have just a rough direction of what changed? Or are it mostly small fixes in every part?

If you have a copy of the previous scripts/ folder, you could do a directory diff. For Windows, there's WinMerge, which I've never used but it seems to be popular, and I recall Ipsquiggle recommending it once. For Linux/Mac there are many options, but a nice GUI one is Meld, which apparently also works under Windows ("with some caveats", according to its website).

Do you have just a rough direction of what changed? Or are it mostly small fixes in every part?

Try this:

http://www.ryanliptak.com/dontstarve

It's something I wrote a while ago and never really finished, but I rigged it up to show the differences for this update (I had plans to make it show differences for each patch, being able to choose which to compare and all that, but never got that far). The way I keep track is by using a local repository and then committing each new revision of Don't Starve so that I can view the differences. The website is then generated by parsing unified diff files.

Note: I can't guarantee that it'll work in all browsers, on all resolutions, etc. Was mostly an experiment.

Try this:

It's something I wrote a while ago and never really finished, but I rigged it up to show the differences for this update (I had plans to make it show differences for each patch, being able to choose which to compare and all that, but never got that far). The way I keep track is by using a local repository and then committing each new revision update of Don't Starve so that I can view the differences. The website is then generated by parsing unified diff files.

Note: I can't guarantee that it'll work in all browsers, on all resolutions, etc. Was mostly an experiment.

This is quite awesome, but... are you sure Klei is ok with their script codebase being openly available like this?

This is quite awesome, but... are you sure Klei is ok with their script codebase being openly available like this?

No, I am not. Will take it down immediately if asked to.

EDIT: It is only the differences, though, so not even close to full files (any added/removed files just have "added"/"deleted" on their page; example)

Try this:

It's something I wrote a while ago and never really finished, but I rigged it up to show the differences for this update (I had plans to make it show differences for each patch, being able to choose which to compare and all that, but never got that far). The way I keep track is by using a local repository and then committing each new revision of Don't Starve so that I can view the differences. The website is then generated by parsing unified diff files.

Well that is really useful. Thanks a lot. I just hope that Klei doesn't have a problem with it. But srsly, a few lines of code here and there aren't really that bad I would guess.

I will enjoy it as long as it lasts ^^  I do undersatnd correctly that it will be updated/updates itself each update?

I do undersatnd correctly that it will be updated/updates itself each update?

No, it's not set up for that at the moment (but updating it manually each revision wouldn't be too much trouble). If it gets permission to stay up, I might work on it some more. Maybe.

Archived